Engine & Gearbox EXHAUST manifold + cover compatibility

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mikesaccord, Sunday 14th Apr, 2013.

1. mikesaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So I'm getting my exhaust manifold changed soon as my old style one is cracked.

1st question: Will an exhaust manifold (revised style) from any Honda with 2.2 I ctdi engine fit my accord?

2nd question:. Does the cover from the old style manifold fit the
    revised manifold, minus the bolt-washer in the centre?

Anyone any answers?

Cheers Mike

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Mike Apologies for the lack of interest from others.. :telloff:

To answer your question yes the revised manifold will fit your Accord and the heat shield will regardless.

I take it you would have had this fitted by now?

3. mikesaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, yeah I did have it changed a couple of months ago. I bit the bullet in the end and decided to buy whole new kit that contained all the required parts.

I must say the car feels all the better for it, better performance, improved economy and best of all no smell!!!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good stuff mate it should last now the life time of the car, unless you do crazy mileage the revised manifold can also leak.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Very much doubt the countermeasure manifold will leak. It's a fully cast item cj. Fitted one today actually. Been a while since I did one.

6. Chrispy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Nottinghamshire
    I really need to get mine done, it absolutely stinks and its only getting worse! £320 for the whole genuine kit on eBay, there are also some non-genuine new parts, that state to be just like the genuine parts, one piece cast, around £80 cheaper, anyone know of cheap genuine kits?, haven't asked HH yet but will do eventually when I've got some cash, is it a DIY? oil feed for the turbo looks like its in the way?

Chris.

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    The down pipe and turbo bolts are notorious to seize with the constant heating. 9 times out of 10 you need oxyacetylene torch to loosen them. Other than that it is a perfectly doable job for the amature mechanic.

8. mikesaccord Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know its the same price, but I got my whole kit from here Genuine Honda Accord Diesel Exhaust Manifold Kit-2004-2008 [04180RBD305KIT] - £266.14 : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories. I have brought plenty of genuine parts from here and can highly recommend them. I had somebody fit mine, the turbo is in the way but I believe its not too hard a job, judging the feedback I got back from him.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A turbo replacement guide is on the community just search for it. :Wink: