Engine & Gearbox Exhaust Problems

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Mark Mason, Monday 20th Aug, 2012.

1. Mark Mason New Member Getting Started

After many trouble free years the exhaust on my 2004 2 litre petrol Accord Tourer has developed a hole, I've tried to source an after market one but with no luck. Anyone got any ideas where I can get one. I've had it on a ramp and its a solid piece from after the cat all the way to the end.

Regards Mark

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Mark

I've fitted loads of exhausts over the years.
    I good national motor factors should supply them. Normally off the shelf.

http://www.allpartsautomotive.co.uk/allparts/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=17874

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Coke can, two jubile clips and some exhaust putty :Wink: works a treat

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ah .. a traditional fix :Thumbup:

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Alternatively find someone whose handy with a welder. All it needs is a little patch tacking on.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Helen old car is also developed a pin hole leak on the pipes ,the back box is still pristine conditions so it can be welded and patched then plan to clean and coat it with VHT paint .Honda genuine exhaust will last twice as aftermarket exhaust ,IIRC the rear section will cost you £350 quid which is not that bad.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mark any luck in sourcing an aftermarket exhaust? It would be good to know if there is one as it will appeal to a lot of guys.

8. Mark Mason New Member Getting Started

Sorry for the delay in updating, I've tried everywhere with no look even have one sat next to me waiting to go back as it wasnt gonna fit ever.... Ended up biting the bullet and going to Honda, even had to give them my VIN number to ensure they got the right one. On back order until middle of November. £421.00

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    mark have you tried Holdcroft Honda and see if you can get a better deal.

10. Mark Mason New Member Getting Started

I've phoned around several through out the country to see if any anyone has 1 in stock, the price is standard unfortunately.

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Give Holdcroft Honda a ring and see if they can help you out you may be surprised.

12. savo67 New Member Getting Started

Replacement exhaust

Hi

I have a 2003 2.4 exec tourer which has just failed MOT with a blowing exhaust, apparently a common spot to go before the Y split where the bracket connects to body, which requires the pretty much it all replacing from Cat.

Honda want £560 for a new one and a couple of local exhaust places very similar (if not more expensive, who'd of thought)

Can anyone recommend anywhere to get one from please.

Cheers
    Mark

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have you spoken to Holdcroft team and have they confirmed the same price?

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Replacement exhaust

Hi Mark Welcome to AOC :Hey:I have moved this thread into a existing thread so it give you an indication to this already asked question. You could get a quote from your local stainless steel exhaust fabricator and get a throaty exhaust made if you want to go down that route.

Alternatively there isn't a market for the off the shelf knock off versions from what I have seen but that can change, it partly down to the good quality steel the exhausts and keep on going for ever.

It a bit of dilemma for you as you need your car back on the road quickly due to it failed MOT, You have few options get a localised repair done to get its through it MOT. Get quotes from a local fabricator to make a entire rear section and speak to the Holdcroft Honda team if they can assist with the price from your local dealer.. if you do go with the OEM route they can delivered it to you in Guildford for free and see if they can do you a deal.