Service & Maintenance Extended warranty.

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by 155695, Monday 7th Sep, 2015.

1. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Anybody got any views on this.

When I bought the car last May, the salesman strongly advised against purchasing it stating "Hondas don't go wrong". Obviously this isn't the case but he said that it is possible to take it out anytime up to the expiry of the standard 3 year warranty.

The reason I ask, is that when my Yeti was a year outside the warranty, the ECU packed up. This cost North of £1000 but to give Skoda their due, they did meet 60% of the cost. I am still insure as to whether to take out the additional warranty on my CR-V

Keith

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would buy it you want total piece of mind, however your car is a petrol and nothing really goes wrong with them apart from tear and wear which are not covered by extended warranties.

Based on that decided.

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I would also factor in how skilled/able you are to carry out work yourself.

4. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Thanks for the replies.

CJ's comment pretty much echoes what the salesman said. He was either very honest or there is no commission to be had from selling extended warranties. In this case I think it was the former and it was honest advice which i think I'll take.

Keith

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I'd make the decision closer to the time. That way you won't buy an extension for a car that you may sell at or shortly after 3 years.

I haven't bothered with my CR-V. I had an extra year (from new) with my Accord but never used it.

6. Big H Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Poole
    I simply wanted peace of mind and hopefully no nasty surprises, so bought 5 years warranty along with 5 years service.
    It gives me recovery and since I want to go abroad where I'll also have cover, it made sense.

Nels likes this.