ICE & HFT External input for 6 cd premium stereo/satnav (with HFT and voice control)

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Pete R, Thursday 11th Oct, 2012.

1. Pete R Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cambs
    Hi, I haven't yet got my Accord, but have settled on a facelift 2006+ 2.2 I-CDTI with premium 6 cd changer & satnav with HFT.

One thing that I'm trying to find a definitive answer to is whether I can hookup an interface to provide USB input (and 3.5mm audio in) - e.g. Connects2 or Grom etc.
    I've trawled the listings and t'internet, but still ensure as to whether this is possible on the satnav unit with internal cd changer since the DVD nav unit will also be plugged into the stereo.

Thnak in advance to anyone out there who can give me an answer or any tips.

Cheers, Pete.

2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Have a search on here for xcarlink mate I don't have one but lots of people do and with the Sat Nav stereo system.

3. Pete R Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cambs
    Thanks for that - I've found a few threads on it and it seems that a USB input would use the empty white socket. Though I did find some reference eventually for the Grom unit on carputer website that a splitter cable is required for cars with nav.
    Hopefuly will have my tourer next weekend - so I'll properly introduce myself.
    Cheers, Pete.

4. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

You don`t need a splitter on a 2006 with satnav just plug it straight into the back of the radio and it will work alongside your cd player

5. Pete R Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cambs
    Thanks for confirming that.

Has anyone tried the Yatour units sold on Ebay - mostly shipped rom China - but there are a couple in the UK for about £50 delivered. Seems to offer sililar options to the Connects2 - i.e. USB/SD/3.5mm -but about £20 cheaper?

Quite fancy the reversing camera additonal to the nav unit I've seen on the forum, but my car (when I get it) has after market parking sensors already - so maybe overkill - can you have too may gadgets? :Wink:

Pete.