Electrical & Lights External USB help?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by akwire, Tuesday 24th Feb, 2015.

1. akwire New Member Getting Started

India Allen Mumbai
    Hey guys I have a 2008 Honda Accord Manual Petrol. I was wondering is there is any way to use an External Harddisk with my car. Whenever I connect, it shows unsupported. I've tried NTFS & FAT32 filesystems and I have a WD 250 GB 5000 RPM HDD (external USB). I was hoping to load on some music from it.
    Thanks in advance :Smile:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Allen have you tried with a smaller USB stick first? I think 250GB will be way too big for the aux to pick up ?

3. akwire New Member Getting Started

India Allen Mumbai
    I haven't yet. But can I partition my 250 Gigs into 64 maybe then it'll work?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can try but a smaller USB stick say 4 GB will tell you there and then save you the messing about repartitioning then trying..

5. akwire New Member Getting Started

India Allen Mumbai
    I'll give it a whirl and report back (y)

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Does the external drive spin up when its connected to the USB port? - if not then power is also going to be an issue.

7. akwire New Member Getting Started

India Allen Mumbai
    Ya the drive does spin. I think it also attempts to read since it shows unsupported usb. I'll get my USB tomorrow I'll test with that!

8. akwire New Member Getting Started

India Allen Mumbai
    I tried with a USB pendrive but with no luck. It shows no data even though I had songs loaded onto it.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I tried with a 1GB pendrive. Also I tried to hook up a bluetooth dongle that didn't work either. Any ideas?

9. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What music format? Any random codecs?

10. akwire New Member Getting Started

India Allen Mumbai
  11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've been watching this thread @akwire but as I don't have an 8th Generation it's hard to advise. Have you tried using the ExFAT filesystem? I format most of my portal devices that way because of it's cross-system compatibility.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  12. akwire New Member Getting Started

India Allen Mumbai
    I've never tried exFAT I'll try that too! Thanks for ur advise :Smile: