Suspension, Steering and Brakes F/O/S ABS Sensor

Discussion in '1st Generation (1985-1990) [Rover 800]' started by Ron, Saturday 31st Mar, 2012.

1. Ron Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda price of F/O/S ABS Sensor for my 1989 2.7 auto 2-door legend coupe is prohibitive.
    Does anyone know where I could purchase it for less?
    Did the Rover Sterling with 2.7 Honda engine have compatible ABS sensor?
    RON.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey RON why don't you give our preferred Honda parts vendor HH Holdcroft Honda. See they can work their magic on it.

3. Ron Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi! RON here!
    Thanks for suggestion re HH Holdcroft Honda.
    I did submit email query to them - re price & availability.
    They replied several days later.
    Price, incl. VAT: £214
    Availability: June sometime.

Well, Honda continue to disappoint with cost of spare parts.
    They could help themselves with an anouncement of a reduction in these costs.
    I'm now considering selling my Legend.
    After owning a total of 2 Civics, 1 Jazz, 1 Accord & 2 Legends, over 32 years, I'm really fed up with their level of spare part costs.
    Do these costs bother anyone else, or am I just your usual, frugal Scotsman with a reputation to keep up?
    I'm real cheesed off.
    P.S. Anyone know where I can get this ABS sensor cheaper?
    Anyone know about Rover parts?

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

In the great scheme of things £214 is worth it to keep a 1989 Legend Coupe on the road I reckon.

Sometimes you can get lucky with ebay...I've found A1 Jap Spares in Manchester and ..uk good in the past as well although not particularly cheap.

HH do great prices on filters for AOC members.

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

www. partsgateway. co. uk

6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    parts prices are what they are buddy. your in the same boat with all car makes, you just have to take the hit when somthing goes. good luck in finding your part.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. oldbiker60 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Try Rimmer Bros , they stock Rover parts, I needed a power steering cooler pipe for a 5th Generation Accord (like a Rover600) Honda wanted
    £180, Rover Xpart wanted £120 and I got one from Rimmer brand new £55 in a rover bag. Its worth a try
    Regards Keith

8. Ron Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi! RON here.
    Thanks for this.
    Tried Rimmer Bros. but no joy!

9. oldbiker60 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

RON
    I replaced a front sensor on my accord and that was £180, I think you just have to accept parts for Hondas are dear because they don't sell many parts because they are reliable.
    A sensor for a merc or BMW is much cheaper, I wonder why.
    I would spend the money and keep a fantastic car.
    Regards
    Keith

10. alloy36 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Could you not try and source one from the states? I paid £25 for a rear ABS sensoron my 7 gen delivered. Try the good old ebay would be my advice

11. alloy36 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

In fact search ebay usa for acura legend ABS sensors, compare the lics to yours. Just seen a few on there

Good luck

12. buzbyten 146 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

we are all in the same boat thats why we buy Hondas as they are suppose to be reliable .

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    At the end of the day Buzbyten your Honda is a mechanical machine. Like all mechanical machines it will have issues at times.

Across my decade of Honda ownership, stretching across 5 Hondas and covering over 200,000 miles, not one of my Hondas has ever had any issues.

That's what you call reliability.

Appreciate that not everyone will be that lucky.