Off-Topic F1 Austin Texas race

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Sunday 18th Nov, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just getting ready to watch the American F1 race , don't know when was the last time I watched a F1 race....let me think :Tea:

When Honda quit F1 :Blink: it's been that long.

2. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rumour has it Honda are on there way back with McLaren

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes the rumour are correct Honda big wigs are at Austin to speak to RON and team.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I really enjoyed that race, brilliant new track. Well done Lewis superb drive.

5. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thats a bit worying. Last time Honda spoke at Austin we ended up with the Triumph Acclaim.:Aghast:

Great race, though think Hamilton has made a big mistake going to Mercedes

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice one :Rolf:

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice to see Lewis getting what he deserves. And oh aren't Red Bull sore losers blaming a back Marker for slowing Vettel down!!! Hey guys if you hadn't noticed back markers are all part of racing so bite the bullet and admit it Lewis would have got Vettel before the end back markers or no back markers he just had a great race. Bring on Brazil I can't wait...

8. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I only saw the highlights on BBC but it seemed like a great track with lots of action and overtaking.

Lewis had a great race too. It was good to see him lead a race and not break down before the end.

Im not sure if him leaving a Mclaren is a good thing or not. He needs to leave the nest and drive for someone else and Mclaren seriously need to up their game. They've suffered from dodgy wheel nut or retirements most season which cost lewis valuable points and race wins. They have struggled with development mid season which cost them their advantage at the start of the season only now to get back on top. None of this should be expected from one of the top teams. But at Mercedes he's not going to win much next season, Mercedes have already wrote their chances off as they are concentrating on their 2014 car. Hopefully Ross Brawn can build something decent for him.

A Mclaren powered by a Honda again, that will be quite a change. The mercedes is a powerful engine so Honda will have a challenge to live up to it. I suspect if they do change to Honda engines it will be for 2014 when they change to turbo'd engines.