Off-Topic F1

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by AccordCU2, Wednesday 29th Feb, 2012.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Who here like or follow F1?
    I love F1 and whenever i get the chance i go to Silverstone to watch it.Tickets are not exactly cheap that why i only been 3 times 1999,2009 and 2010 and had a great day.
    I really like F1 and Ferrari especially.My favourite driver is Alonso.Hope Ferrari does better this season.Not long till new season start,can't wait.:cool:

Attached Files:

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I used to follow it ages ago but not nowadays.

Nigel Mansell was the best to watch I thought, and Alain Prost maybe technically the best.

As you can see I'm not exactly current!

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Never really been my cup of tea. I don't find it exciting (may mean dangerous) enough, I think that's why I prefer rally or touring cars.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i tried to post video but it doesnt work,i will upload it to you tube and post again.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I love F1 but after Honda departed I lost interest. I did enjoy the season when Jensen Button won the championship thou.I just want to see how sky's changes the way we see F1, the channel goes live soon.

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    If Alonso and Ferrari win the championship then it will be because Ferrari have designed a truly race winning car. Because it won't be down to Alonso's talent. There are far better drivers out there with more natural talent who are unfortunately not in race winning cars yet. If Ferrari ever get their computer model results to mirror real life tests and get the most out the car they may stand a chance, assuming their new design is as good as they hope otherwise they can write the season off.

I would like to see McLaren have a true return to form and challenge the red bulls on a level playing field because it will result in some epic battles between Vettel and Hamilton. But I think, by the looks of the pre season testing, it's going to be another red bull season, they seem to be sand bagging already.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I agree there are better drivers then Alonso but man got balls and is a good driver.I never liked Hamilton,he is spoilt little baby who throw his toys out of the pram when things don't go his way.Jenson Button get on with it and never complains.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    When Jensen was in BAR Honda then Honda F1 everyone was on his case he the smooth driver with no wins blah blah blah. It was after his first win at Istanbul which change his fortunes in my opinion.

I always knew he will be world champion one day and it was amazing to see a Brawn win . If Honda has not pulled out that year we could have seen a Honda win its world championship. Then there were the people saying it was the Mercedes engine which won the championship which utter rubbish.

My argument was Brawn was a supplied a customer Mercedes engine and McLaren has the works specification engine.Even Ross Brawn told Honda management before they pulled out we have the chassis which can do the job and win the championship. If it was the Mercedes engine look where McLaren end up that year NO where...

That wining chassis had been designed under his input all previous incarnations were inherited and were not competitive.

9. wooster Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anyone interested in Fantasy F1?

We've been running a league for a couple of years over at WoostyANdKeas and it does add a wee bit extra to the events when you have a vested interest in other drivers, teams and manufacturers.
    (One of our members won the main Public league three years ago :cool:Smile:

Anyho, feel free (I'll just copy/paste what I posted up elsewhere)

---------------------------------------
    I've set up the WoostyANKeas league on FantasyF1 again for this years season.

WoostyANdKeas | Fantasy Formula 1

If you want to take part, just set up a team (there's a maximum of five teams per user this year) and join the League. :Smile:
    (The WoostyANdKeas league is public this year, no need for a password to join)

The rules are simple:
    Each player gets £90 million to spend.
    Each player must choose the following
    2 Drivers
    1 Car
    1 Engine
    Both drivers must be from different F1 teams.
    The Car and Engine must be from different F1 teams.
    Each player must also have a guess at the winning time of the final race of the season. This will be used in the event of a tie.

Instructions | Fantasy Formula 1

Good luck. :cool:

p.s. F1 rules, News, technical changes etc. can all be found on the official F1 site:
    Formula 1
    ---------------------------------------

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hamilton got pole position and Button second.Vetel only managed 6th.
    can't wait till tomorrow to watch the race.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    McLaren were flying can't be getting up so early to watch the race...

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That was interesting first race.Mclaren look really good.Ferrari were rubbish and it look like it`s going to be another disappointing year for them.Look like another year between Mclaren and Red Bull.Mercedes looked quick and might put up a fight.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ferrari is the ugliest car on the grid, I was impressed how Button was just disappearing into the distance, Lewis didn't seem a happy bunny after the race.

after watching the first round on Sky F1 HD few of the new commentator seemed nervous let see how they shape up.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Anyone watched the highlights of Aussie race. Is it me or the racing was extremely boring its not worth watching it at all.

I say bring back refuelling and Bridgestone tyres.

15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I tried watching it and fell asleep half way through.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My point too so boring it was complete waste of time, atleast one positive Lewis made a wise move to dump McLaren.