Engine & Gearbox f20 exhaust manifold

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Stephen Fry, Monday 25th Jun, 2012.

1. Stephen Fry New Member Getting Started

hi guys im in a bit of a qaundry,I've been trying to find a aftermarket exhaust manifold for my f20b6 and im finding it extremly hard lol so i was wondering if the is any other manifold from the SOHC range that would fit mine i.e Civic,CR-X etc etc.hope someone can help me lol.many thanks

2. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey and welcome to AOC , where are you based Stephen? if we knew you location I could suggest a local fabricator.

3. Stephen Fry New Member Getting Started

im not made from money lol

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Stephen, what are your aims with a exhaust manifold , are you looking for a replacement for the current one or you looking for performance.

If its performance you are after I doubt there are many off the shelf manifolds available and if they are the performance gains are next to nothing you still have the restrictive cat and exhaust.

5. stephenfry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sound,performance really and looks lol i will obviously be de-cat-ing it aswell but really want to know if there are any other performance manifolds off any other SOHC hondas that will fit?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I don't want to come across as to pour water on your dreams, what you want can be achieved far easily on a ATR. If you were to go for these mods on your car you will be chasing power when realistically its is not there and you won't be able to achieve it.

I can just visualise the scenario for you to hear the engine and the exhaust note you will cane that engine that harder. The clear winner is ATR which can fulfil those dreams and you can mod to your heart content.

if you were to declare the mods on your current car to your insurance company they will hike it up close to a ATR or a CTR.

7. stephenfry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Accord Type-R = ATR
    Civic Tyre R = CTR
    :Wink:

9. stephenfry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

lol i did think that.

10. Derek Day Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆