Facelift Model Facelift 2015 CR-V Spotted

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Thursday 19th Jun, 2014.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1194171&page_number=1#1194171

Design cues at the front from the Vezel (which I don't think look right on the CR-V!).

Otherwise, not much of a sweeping exterior change.

Of course, this is US, not EU model. The wing mirrors are far smaller and the passenger wing mirror as the lane warning camera on it too. I do like the reprofiled rear bumper though.

2. Autocar Auto-Generated News Feed

honfda-crv-spy-1-10001.

Major cosmetic changes in line for updated CR-V, which should reach the UK towards the end of next year

A facelifted version of the Honda CR-V has been spotted testing for the first time.

The mid-life refresh for the CR-V – the fourth generation of which has been on sale since 2011 – appears to focus on an extensive update for its front-end styling. While still under heavy disguise, we can expect significant changes to the car's badge, central grille and headlight clusters as well as a new front bumper.

Changes are less dramatic at the rear, and are only likely to include slight alterations to the car's rear bumper and light clusters. As the interior of this model isn't shielded, it's likely to carry over without any changes.

While US versions of the facelifted CR-V are likely to go on sale towards the middle of next year, reports suggest that European versions of the car won't go on sale until several months later.

Like the US car, engine options from today's CR-V look set to carry over unchanged. That means a 2.0-litre petrol with 153bhp and 142lb ft, alongside a pair of diesels in either 1.6-litre or 2.2-litre guise and with 118bhp and 148bhp respectively. Both front-wheel drive and AWD versions will be available, depending on engine choice.

The CR-V has struggled to sell in the past months. According to data released by Automotive Industry Data (AID), just under 42,000 units were sold in Europe last year, in stark contrast to what is an otherwise booming segment.

While Honda's overall European sales have fallen by eight per cent in the first quarter of this year, according to AID, the firm's US arm is experiencing a significant uplift, with sales jumping by nine per cent in the same period. In May alone, 32,430 CR-Vs were sold in the US.

Get the latest car news, reviews and galleries from Autocar direct to your inbox every week. Enter your email address below:

Source: AutoCar

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It's heavily disguised with black tape can't see the front changes, I won't be worried yet.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nah, you can clearly make out whats underneath.

That said, I do love those "blade"-type wheels! As my brother would say - "sick"!!! :Laughing:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Got to admit those wheel are straight out of Total Recall, but yet again the pessimistic bone in me will tell you Honda has NEVER ever released a prototype alloy wheel into production.. So yet again won't be too excited.

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We'll have to hope they are standard then :Niceone:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hope springs eternal..:Whistle:

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

More images of the 2015 CR-V on test in Europe.

Honda CR-V facelift spied testing in Europe

Doesnt look like any major dramatic change to be honest. Features are as clear as day.

Plus a video of testing on the other side of the Pond.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I actually much prefer the Facelift, but something just doesn't sit right with the headlights.

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If you look at this pic below - the headlights are unchanged in shape (although content of Xenon/HID or candle-lights will differ). The main change up front is the grille and bumper - with the fog lights now being rectangular and not circular and sit higher up.

Beyond that, there really isnt a lot of change at all.

Last edited: Saturday 6th Dec, 2014
  12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Sorry man, I didn't put my point across very well. I mean with the smaller grill and reshaped bumpers the headlights almost look a little out of place with the rest to me. Just look like they're sitting a little high.

Overall I definitely prefer it though.

13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

LOL its ok.

My friend in the US has seen an unmasked 2015 CR-V up close and says that the grille design is different but the shape is not smaller at all. The bumpers are indeed reprofiled, but thats about it visually.

For the USA, they are probably going to get a CVT version...which will be the biggest change.

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'd be interested to see if they introduced that on the Facelift model here, I mean if R&R is already done then it's more likely. Then again, we're a diesel country and I bet they're greatly outselling the R20s.

15. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Previous rumours suggested that the CR-V was being fitted with the US built ZF 9 speed automatic as fitted to the new Jeep and the Range Rover Evoque.
    Something is wrong with the Jeep implementation though and it seems that there are tens of thousands of those vehicles being stockpiled, waiting for some kind of upgrade to the transmissions before being released for sale. Have not heard bad things about the Evoque installation though.