Body, Paint & Styling facelift bumper and grill

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by accordgi, Friday 4th Jan, 2013.

1. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, does anyone know if I get the facelift bumper with the new grill would it fit my pre-facelift? As far as I can see the headlight shape and bonnet are exactly the same but I don't know about the fitting points etc?

Anyone done this?

2. Rmachines Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Im 99 percent sure is a straight swap.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

won't fit sir. Headlights are slightly different shape I believe.

Easier just to buy/ship over the Acura TSX front that was available for pre-facelifts and fit that for the costs you'd incur.

4. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    bonnet it's also different as you have chrome stripe on the bonnet on pre-facelift models.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry, thats only on the 7th Generation, not 8th Generation. No chrome strips on the 8th Generation bonnet at all, pre-or-facelift models. :Thumbup:

6. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yep headlights are different on the facelift model.

have a look at the parts diagrams on Lings Honda parts to see.

7. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    oops, I didn't noticed it's about 8gen, sorry :Wink: and you're right :Aghast:k

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No worries, easy mistake to make :Thumbup:

9. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The bonnet shape, headlight shape is exactly the same on the facelift model. The headlights only change the interior design of it but not the overall shape.

Really its just a matter of if the bumper and new grill fit directly onto the fittings already there. I might go for it and see as there is a cheap second hand on on ebay

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Be warned, however, if you decide to buy.

The headlights a very much different, as is the slam panel they are mounted on and so is the bumper. Do not expect this to be a simple case of buying the new lights/bumper, taking your old ones off and put the new ones on.

When I was having my front sports bumper fitted last year, I saw the entire front end of my car stripped naked alongside a facelift car - the differences are immense. You'll be forking out a lot of money for a whole lot of nothing. Considering the cost, you may as well trade your current car in and get a facelift....

i-DSI likes this.
  11. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for letting me know. That is what I wanted, the differences when the car is stripped of the grill and bumper. cheers

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Glad to assist (and save you your money!). :Thumbup:

13. JG' Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Has anyone had a pre-facelift front light apart? Any way of getting rid of the orange? Facelift looks so much cleaner with no orange.

14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The orange is moulded to the rest of the light.

Best bet is to source a written off Type-S (prefacelift) and swap. Or if you have money to burn, buy some new prefacelift OEM Type-S headlights.

15. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Im sure someone will have done this before. Putting the headlight in the oven to soften the glue, then taking them apart and either remove or paint the orange bit. I want to try this but only if I can source a cheap second hand pair of headlights as I don't want to risk mine :Smile:

16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Guess in the grand scheme of things anything can be achieved with a lot of time, money and patience. :Wink:

Depends on your views too on the orange lenses - perhaps because my car is black and its sets off a nice contrast - I'll be the first to admit its not bothered me that they arent transparent.

17. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yo they look good de-tangoed !!

Shame its such a tedious job to do LOL

19. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for the link mate - very detailed (but time consuming).

20. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

A heat gun might do the same, just have to be careful not to melt it too much, the headlight edges are hidden anyway behind trim and panels.