Body, Paint & Styling Facelift front grille

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by accordgi, Thursday 8th Nov, 2012.

1. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, first post here, just got my 2009 Accord about a month ago, lovely car!

I am however not a huge fan of the front grille on the accord. Does anyone know if the facelift grille on the curret car would also fit mine or is the fit completely different? I prefer the look of the new grille.

Thanks

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You could always fit sports grille like this one

IMAG0118.

3. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah the sports grille looks good but expensive. Do you know if they come in chrome or only body coloured?

Actually after looking at the new grille closer I can see it will not fit my car
    grille.

My grille reaches the headlight and the new grille has the bumper in between the grille and headlight so bugger...

Last edited: Thursday 8th Nov, 2012
  4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not 100% but think they are colour coded.
    No idea whether facelift grille would fit,someone else might have the answer for you.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nope, facelift grille will not fit. Not without new headlights and bumper....

6. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    does anyone know how much the sports grill is kind of like it.i hot a price from dealer gor front splitter and side skirts it worked out over £900 :Frown:

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

About £400 IIRC.

Obviously, if like me you have ADAS-equipped car, you can't change the grille as the radar unit doesnt fit the Sports grille.

8. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for replies....will have a look at the sport grille...Can you just fit the sports grille or you also need to fit the sports front bumper

9. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You can just get the Grill on its own. :Wink:

10. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers...Ill start with that and see when I can afford the front bumper also :Smile:

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Trust me, you ill save a LOT more money if you buy the grille and bumper together.

Unless of course you like burning money :lol:

12. accordgi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'll probably wait a bit then and save some up :Smile: On the subject of bumpers...do you know if the rear Type-S bumper is a straight swap for the normal one? Looks the same to me but not sure if its just a case of changing it or involves more work