Electrical & Lights Facelift Headlights on 2003 Accord

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by naslam968, Wednesday 29th May, 2013.

1. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    I just bought my Accord 2003 and would like to change the headlights to facelift model. Reason for change is condensation in Passenger side and like the look of Blue tint on Facelift headlights.

Any advice is much appreciated.

2. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    to remove headlight you need to drop the bumper,so remove top plastic cover on the bumper then unscrew two bumper screws on the wheels arch, headlight is bolted by 4 bolts, two on th top and two underneath the bumper other then that easy job ;-)

3. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Sorry about the confusion what I meant was that they are straight swap or do I need to do some kind of modification. I Like to keep things close to original as possible.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    nope no mods straight swap. just order two amber indicator bulbs for the facelift headlights.

5. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Much appreciated the honest advice and just out of curiosity if I want to change the front look to facelift
    Do I need?
    Front Grill
    Front Bumper
    Front Bonnet
    Is that all or more required?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    top slam panel the bonnet catch and load of other small fittings.

7. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Looks Like too much hassle, headache to find these parts and install unless I have another car present as donor car.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody have or know where I can get used HID version of 2003 or 2006 Headlights. Prefer to have 2006 with Blue tint on the side but if can't find facelift than may have to settle for 2003 HID lights.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ideally you need to have a 2006 to 2008 2.4 EX Auto with ADAS car with its front end intact that will give you all the parts. That's the only car spec which has the facelift HID and D2S bulbs.

They are rare as rocking horse poo .. you will need luck finding one of those.

9. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    I have been looking for that particular model Ichiban for quite some time even before I bought the car and haven't came across any. So maybe on next day off during next week will attempt to clean the external of the headlight.

10. AlexD333 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do you realise there is a recall for this very issue of condensation in the headlights?

Its a half an hour job. Had it done on mine at a main Honda dealer (was suffering with same problem)

Good as gold now and looks good!

11. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Glad to get it fixed but don't know where to find the recall or to check with Honda head office or Local Dealer to arrange the repair. Also I am second owner so I don't know if I am eligable for that Recall.

- - - Updated - - -

Called Honda Recall on 08452008002 to verify and they confirmed that repair was done in 2007 however there is no mention in Service Book. On there advice Called Local Honda Dealer to get it checked why the problem started again. Will update on Friday.

Last edited: Tuesday 4th Jun, 2013
  12. AlexD333 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

No its not really stamp worthy, but will be on their online system, however I would argue it has not been done properly if the misting has returned. It is some sort of larger clips that replace/sit over the old (so the tech told me) and its meant to be a permanent fix.

I also don't think its an expensive recall (for the dealership)

If they outright refuse ask if you can pay for them to do it, afterall its only 2 clips!

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Warranty work is never recorded on service booklet it held on the Maris database at Honda. I have had honda for yonks and never have they ever handed any documents. If you have doubts on warranty work contact your local dealer they will provide you with the print out on your car VIN.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dealership don't pay for recalls or product updates.. Honda do. You also need to bear in mind the time period has lapsed for this warranty extension you will NOT get any recourse on this no matter what you do.

You can't have a open window for claims to flood in if owners have concerns, it doesn't work like that.

Sorry is this come across harsh but that is reality.

15. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    Just wanted to keep you guys updated;

Took the car to Main Dealer for inspection, after about an hour was advised that fault is there but will have to wait, Local Main Dealer will inform the outcome of the inspection and pass it on to Honda Recall. I will have to wait for few days before I get final answer.

After waiting few days I called to get an update and been advised that because repair was done in 2007 and new clips were installed however in the inspection by Local Main Dealer couldn't find the clips hence the reason Honda won't repairing or replacing the headlights.

It was worth a try but now will have to look at cleaning the Headlight option.