Pre-Facelift Model Facelift steering wheel install

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Trixman, Sunday 6th Apr, 2014.

1. Trixman New Member Getting Started

Paul
    Having just bought a FR-V I usually like to replace the very worn items on my cars.
    There's a few items, such as the centre tray, arm rest that need doing, but the steering wheel is pretty tatty.
    I was thinking of replacing, but noticed the facelift model had a nice looking wheel and wondered whether it is plug and play. Would anyone know?

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm not particularly familiar with the FR-V, but if the steering wheel controls are the same as well as the air bag then there should in theory be no problem with installing the Facelift version. I would assume the connectors haven't changed.

It's likely going to be a case of getting your hands on a Facelift steering wheel and giving it a shot, though I know outlaying on one with no guaranteed result is a bit daunting.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Are the airbags the same between both models is the key, swapping the steering is easy.

4. Trixman New Member Getting Started

Paul
    Hmm, will have to have a good check on the images, though might be a better bet to simply find a better condition preface lift version of no one has done it yet

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have fitted the FL 7th Generation Accord steering wheel on a PFL car using its old airbag so it is possible.

6. Trixman New Member Getting Started

Paul
    Great to know, Thanks! I'll see if I can get hold of one.