Pre-Facelift Model Facelift steering wheel on pre facelift car

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ape, Friday 15th Jan, 2016.

1. ape Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alan Nottingham
    Hi again, you'll be sick of me by time I've actually purchased my accord :Tongue: I've done some trawling through the forum and couldn't find an answer. I just wondered is it possible to fit the face lift steering wheel with the thumb bolsters to the pre facelift without too much trouble and if anyone has done it?. I love the look of the facelift accord but I doubt my budget won't stretch to it when the time comes.

2. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    i am planning to do just that - i believe (have not looked at the parts yet though) it should be of no issues to do something like that - it should fit the same.

i am waiting for my FL steering wheel to arrive (maybe next month) and then i'll see if i can change it myself.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes the steering wheel can be attached but the steering button on the lower end will not work. I did this mod on my 2004 tourer using the PFL airbag also. Just removed the lower switch pods.

4. ape Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm assuming that those buttons are missing on the pre face lift anyway so wouldn't be missing anything? Assuming the buttons don't illuminate either?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes the steering button of a pre 2004 PFL won't light up only after 2005 onward they light up.

6. ape Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm assuming there's no easy way of making the facelift steering wheel light up in the pre facelift?, not a massive issue but curious, what's you main car now Ichiban?

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nope there isn't too much heartache to do that. My main car is a choice of two accord but currently waiting for a HR-V.

8. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    how different is the wiring? Given the layout of the stereo and cruise switches it should only be an additional feed from the headlight signal for illumination. I expect the plug would be different but one by 1, maybe 2 wires (ignoring the HFT and voice controls completely).

I remember seeing a thread where someone achieved the swap without the illumination by using the pre facelift switches. I'm toying with the idea of using the facelift switches and changing the bulbs for amber illumination.