Suspension, Steering and Brakes Failed NCT / MOT need some help

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by JAPIMPORT, Tuesday 17th Mar, 2015.

1. JAPIMPORT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Tom ireland
    Hi my 02 accord failed its NCT / MOT on rear suspension ball joints on both sides, is that the upper control arm and can you remove the ball joint from it or do you have to buy the whole arm, ill be doing it myself Thanks for your help

2. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    It could also be the drop links ('anti-roll bar linkage' in MOT-speak). Those also have ball joints and that's what resulted in my MOT failure yesterday!

3. JAPIMPORT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Tom ireland
    I'll have a good look at the rear suspension see if anything stands out to me, when I questioned the nct fella about which ball joint was it he said there is only one in the rear suspension

4. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Ah, well that makes it easier!

5. JAPIMPORT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Tom ireland
    I know ha ha, the only thing it says on the fail sheet is rear ball joints worn

6. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

well it could mean the upper control arm, that has a ball joint on it, Japspeed do an adjustable one for about £100 a pair.
    the anti roll bar links, also ball joints, are cheap enough and fairly easy.

JAPIMPORT likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's the only ball joint I can think off as well.

JAPIMPORT and Harvey like this.
  8. JAPIMPORT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Tom ireland
    Thanks for the help I've found the parts i need online just have to buy them fit them and re book the test

Harvey likes this.