Off-Topic Fast asleep at 10:30pm .. wide awake at 10:45pm

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SpeedyGee, Friday 30th Nov, 2012.

1. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Fast asleep at 10:30pm .. wide awake at 10:45pm... tossed and turned for a bit, couldn't go to sleep so ended up on the laptop again.

That's happened a few times to me recently.

What on Earths going on there ?

Has anyone else experienced this strange phenomenon ?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Happens to me all the time atleast 2-3 times week. it seems like I am always plugged in and hard wired. May drink some hot cholocate:Tea:

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Every night mate.. Hits me at about 6.30 every day, could just drop.. If Im home and sitting in the chair watching TV (rare) I just drop off only to wake half an hour later wide awake.. I am never asleep in bed much before 2am.. You get used to it, like CJ I recon my brain is just on the go 24 7..

Hot chocolate prob won't help horlicks better choice if a little less tasty or warm milk and a drop of brandy or whiskey :Wink: don't over do either though..

Failing that 20mg of Tamazapam taken with water should hit the spot :Whistle:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Horlicks yuck! Is Tamazapam under prescription any side effects?

The only way I get great night sleep is riding a bike for 3 hours a day,I am so tired that I naturally dose off .

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Yep script only bud and if never taken before 10mg would do fine. GP won't like giving it though as CD herbal stuff never worked for me.

Side effects sleep :Smile:

As with any script only drug there can be side effects most common is groggy in the morning

Ichiban likes this.
  6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I have no problems sleeping after spending all day on the roof slaving away.
    Been working away this week and staying in hotel.Back from work to hotel around 17:00,dinner at 18:00 in bed by 19:00 and slept through till 07:00 next day LOL.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Ohhh here we go.... 2am and I'm wide awake. No doubt I'll be awake for the next few hours.

8. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I get episodes where I struggle to go to sleep, or find myself waking up every half an hour then struggling to get back to sleep only to feel tired the next morning and live off energy drinks. If I have several days like that I get migraines so after about 3 days without sleep I resort to drugs. :Smile:

There are a few over the counter sleep aids which are good. I've tried most kinds over the years. I find the herbal ones are next to useless. The ones that make you drowsy are a little hit and miss on effectiveness, and personally I don't like the drugged feeling you get (at night and the next morning). I get mine from tesco's of all places, extra strength sleep aid (contains Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride), it helps relieves sleep disturbance. I find that when I'm trying to go to sleep it helps tip me over the edge a little easier without making me feel drowsy and then stops me continually waking during the night. Plus I don't get that drowsy feeling in the morning, I just feel like I've had a good nights rest.

Some people can happily survive on only 3-4 hours sleep while others need a good 8 hours, or in Zoran's case 12. Everyone's different, if you're comfortable only getting a few hours and your not suffering because of it then there's nothing to worry about. But if you're like me and need 7 hours each night but struggle to get it then pills are always an option. :Smile:

Primarycare likes this.
  9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Or come and spend a day with me working on the roof all day.
    I bet you any money you will sleep like a baby.
    :lol:

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Zoran you not sacred of heights any more I suppose. I am not as a ex motocrosser.

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

If I don't get my 7-8 hours sleep I start suffering headaches. I don't cope very well with sleeping out of pattern.
    Luckily I think I may have got over the sleeping glitch as last night I had a full nights sleep.
    So hopefully back to normal sleeping pattern.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    3.00 am and I can't sleep wide awake after 3 hours of sleep.:Unknown:

13. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

2-3 times a week?? More like 7!!!!