Electrical & Lights fault code P0340 cam pos sensor

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by blackbeard, Friday 20th May, 2016.

1. blackbeard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England England Kent
    Had this the last two mornings, cleared both times, returned again this morning again cleared.Checked battery 12.49v static, 14.2 v at 2500 RPM.

No problems starting, but has been running slightly out of sorts recently.I know a weak battery , or starter can flag this fault, just want to know if any members of the forum have had and dealt with this problem before.

Tried to operate cruise control on a dual carriageway a couple of days ago , the lights on the dash were all ok , but did nothing at all as regards being in any sort of automated cruise mode.The only electrical work I've undertaken recently is to fit after market parking sensors any correlation between what I've done, the cruise not working, and this cam sensor fault ?

Anyone tell me the location of the sensor, and where its loom runs from to , so I can check for fraying wear etc should I need to replace it.

2. blackbeard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England England Kent
    Update

Cleaned cam sensor plug and socket with contact cleaner, as well as every electrical connector under the bonnet seems ok now.
    For those who are wondering where the cam sensor is on a diesel, it's on the block in front of the diesel high pressure pump, three wired plug.

Zebster likes this.
  3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    And that also fixed the cruise control?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just changed your garaged car from previous owner to daily driver, as I am sure no one knew which car you were referring too.

5. blackbeard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England England Kent
    Have not tried cruise control zeb ,it is of little use to me anyway and of little importance,as it was the first time I had tried it, my initial request was to see if there was a possible connection between what I was experiencing, after the work I had done , and if there was any connection to the fault code.Obviously no one had .It looks very much like the sensor plug out and clean up ,has cured it.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks for that Ichiban, as I have only one Honda listed here ,there is only one car I can refer to, I'm sure the membership can't be that dense that they could not to figure it out for themselves.