Engine & Gearbox Fault code p2138

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Irishgooner, Monday 5th Jan, 2015.

1. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Hi all anybody ever experience fault code p2138 app sensor A-B correlation

2. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    Are you experiencing any acceleration issues, as this sounds like something to do with the accelerator position sensor (APP) being faulty.
    Cheers Pete

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  4. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    Its worn TPS sensor, you can open it and clean a lil bit , usually work for few more thousand kmeters but it will not fix it for too long. At least youll have some time to find new sensor for decent price. I usually get em from US , best price. Those sensors usually work for 150-200k kmeters and then you need to replace it.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    What do you pay Serge?

6. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    Heres OEM pnmbr for it 37971 RBB 003, I usually buy em for 130-140 usd + ship . I have nice seller who can cut off pnumber and declare it low to save on fees :Smile: you can try autofair honda , Contact Us - AFH Parts guys have perfect customer service and don't mind to ship overseas.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I was just curious how it compared on prices to over here domestically, it is a lot cheaper - it's funny like that, sometimes the yanks get parts for half the price, and sometimes we do. Yeah, I have my own little shipping pipeline from the states :Whistle:

8. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    Hehe, you guys have to pay for long live the queen and for Britain to be Great !! Guys in OZ also have terrible prices for Honda parts , local dealers policy or so. Yanks also has cheapest cars in the world.. When we had CL9 executive for 39k usd they had it for just 22.

9. Irishgooner Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kell Ireland
    Hi finally got it sorted it was app sensor €220 euro crazy!!! Well hopefully it's the first and last problem thanks for the replies much appreciated!!

10. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    ... some members of the germ. forum got their new APP-Sensor from here (with success) :

I paid much more for it (local dealer) :Messed: