Engine & Gearbox Fault code PO171

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Mo hussain, Thursday 29th Sep, 2016.

1. Mo hussain Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mo Oldham
    Hi all
    I have an fault code on my FR-V and I would appreciate your help on this. The code is P0171.
    What is this code? The engine light is on. If I drove the car like this will it damage it? Is it an easy fix ?? I thank you all for your help in advance.
    Regards Mo

2. yanw Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Yan Gloucester
  3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Not Honda, but I recently had a P0171 on my Toyota which I fixed by cleaning the MAF sensor element with an aerosol carb cleaner... It was coated in accumulated dirt, so was under-reporting the airflow and so causing corresponding under-fuelling. Worth a clean, I think.

If not this, then it could be a failing lambda sensor.

Last edited: Thursday 29th Sep, 2016
  4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    You are running LPG aren't you?

5. Mo hussain Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mo Oldham
  6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Take it back to your LPG installer @Mo hussain the system is running too lean. You don't want to be running lean for a long period of time.

LPG system needs re-tuning.

Did you go back to discuss the reducer being too high ?

8. Mo hussain Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mo Oldham
    Hi @SpeedyGee
    I did speak with him. He said his knowledge holiday until 16 October. Told him to lower the reducer, he is saying it all OK being there. If he doesn't lower it down and retune the lpg system I will take him to court. He speaks like a prick to be honest, he thinks he knows all. Talking big etc etc. My mistake for going there. Never again. If I take it else where, he says the guarantee will be void. Am in a bit of a situation @SpeedyGee. Anyways I have done my double din unit. Did it with my mate and it took us 6.5 HOURS but the job is done. Pioneer 980 head unit. dab radio, sat navigation,Bluetooth. Reverse camera. Very pleased we did dat. Thanks to the boys who helped me. @Allwoods Audio .
    Regards Mo.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

That went as I expected it and he also threatened to end the lifetime guarantee also as I expected.

You see with these things there never really is a lifetime guarantee it's just a punchline used to suck in customers.

At some point they will find some excuse and declare it null and void.

TBH the guarantee isn't worth much. If you lived closer I'd offer to help you out but you are some way away from me.

Just speak to him and see what you can work out.

10. Mo hussain Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Mo Oldham
    @speedgGee
    Where r u. I think ur in Birmingham if am Wright?if I came to u would u help me with the reducer and the engine code. Or can u recommend me a good lpg garage please???

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I'm tied up at the moment but happy to discuss options with you. I've dropped you a PM, so check your Inbox.

Ichiban likes this.