Electrical & Lights Faulty Impact Sensor

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Peterbfd, Thursday 21st May, 2015.

1. Peterbfd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Peter Bradford
    Hello All,

How easy is it to replace an impact sensor
    I have taken off the front bumper a couple of times now to do other jobs but I am not too sure were they are (is it just unplug and replace) ?

20150202_202656.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (hope to save a few quid).

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 21st May, 2015
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Created a new and seperate post for you mate

Please feel free to add your cars to the club garage so they appear in your signature. It will make it easier for others to help you.

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question shortly. My understanding and the ones I have changed before is that it is plug and play as such (this was in an older vehicle so I don't know how times/technology have changed), but either way, remove your battery, wait 30 minutes for the residual current to dissipate. Never changed one on a Honda, especially a newish car.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Check inside the wings (remove the wheel arch liner), should be behind that I think.

4. Peterbfd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Other than the Dealer, does anyone know where I could purchase a Front Left Impact Sensor from ?

5. Peterbfd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Going to call the dealer in the morning but would anyone know the part number ?

6. Peterbfd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

One quick question :
    I Need for the passenger side impact sensor - Part No 77930-TC0-H21
    One advertised on eBay stated this number.
    However when I went to collect it the part number was - 77930-TC0-H11
    This part number is the sensor for the drivers side.

They look identical, do you think this would be OK to use ?
    (why would they have different numbers if they are the same ?)

7. Peterbfd Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

All sorted, bought the other Sensor and its works.

All now sorted thankfully.
    Just the calipers, Disc, Pads, MOT and Major service to sort this week and I will have a problem free car for many years to come.

I will even give the car a good clean and treat the paintwork ready for my Gallery I keep promising

8. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    It happens a lot pn's change through the years. But the parts catalogue keeps on giving you the old pn. When ordering, the dealer receives always the latest one.
    This happens to adapt e.g. an existing part for a new model, while developping it in such a way it still fits the old model. So the old model will see its pn changed to the newer one once the current stock is sold out. The new model does need the new part immediately.
    Other reasons for changing pn's: HM Japan made a small change in the drawing to produce it cheaper, or legislation changed and some hazardous materials can't be used anymore, a certain sticker needs to be put on, etc....
    I have been working a few years in HME-L.... Partnumber changes through the years are very, very common. Don't worry about it.