Optional Extras Faulty Parking Sensor

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by jjbennett, Sunday 5th Apr, 2015.

1. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    One of my parking sensors has failed, and according to honda it is going to cost around £200 to fix.

My question is, if i just bought a set of sensors off ebay (generic non honda ones) will they still work with everything on the dash?

2. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    That's a hard to answer question! To be sure, you ideally should try it out by changing the sensors by non-genuine ones before before buying them. Easy said, I know.
    Concerning the price you mention... I installed last weekend non-genuine Cobra Automotive sensors on my 2011 YM. I had/have nothing on my dash (had no OEM's, nothing). Price: 140 euro for the whole kit, including transport from North Ireland to Belgium.
    I give it a chance of 75% that all will work with non-genuine sensors. But that kind of answer is not what you're looking for, is it?

Edit: why not buy a second hand sensor from a totalled Accord?

tomwillie likes this.
  3. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    not exactly but thank you for the reply.

I guess its worth giving the generic ones a go before having to go to honda.

4. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    just if anybody reads this in the future.....the generic replacement sensor worked fine with the honda system

SpeedyGee and Chunkylover53 like this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Was it a set of generic sensors that you replaced or just the one ?

Do you have a link to the item you purchased ?

6. jjbennett Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jjbennett manchester uk
    It was just one that was replaced. I don't have the item listing as the dealership who I bought the car from, purchased the sensors. But I assume they all will do the same job.