ICE & HFT faulty speakers

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordCU2, Friday 10th Feb, 2012.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Had front doors speakers changed today,work done under warranty.Anybody else had this problem?Heard that there is few 8th Generation with this problem.

2. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I know this has been a problem but think a lot of people have sorted it out already. I think the issue came during manufacture with the door and door card being assembled incorrectly causing the damage.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup sure way an issue on the early Accords look here http://hondakarma.com/posts/3884/

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    I picked up my 2008 Accord on Friday and I've noticed quiet a bad distortion from the speakers in the front doors, thing is, as my car is well out of the manufacturers 3 year warranty what do you think my chances are of getting it sorted out?

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Did you buy the car from Honda dealership?if you did you got 12 months warranty,they will change it.that's what I did.
    If not take it in anyway and ask.you never know,they might do it

6. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Hi Zoran,

Yes, bought it from a Honda dealership and it came with 12 months Honda Approved used car Guarantee, but not sure that it would cover things like the in-car entertainment, I thought it was just mechanical breakdown.

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It will.I had mine replaced on that same warranty.
    My car is 2008 as well.
    One thing I forgot to add.just be nice and polite whichever dealer you choose.Dealer that done work for me were superb.

Last edited: Sunday 12th Feb, 2012
  8. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Update - popped it back to the dealers today, service guy jumped in the passenger seat, checked the stereo settings and confirmed there was a problem. They took into the workshop there and then so a technician could take a look.

30 minutes later they came back to me and told me they would order 2 new speakers and booked it in for next Monday. No hassle what so ever, they're even going to give me a courtesy car for the day.

9. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good news,glad you got it sorted.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good news please do tell which dealer it was.

11. Azzy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm still waiting for a second speaker, yep covered by the used car warranty...
    Az

12. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Ewell Honda, part of the Thames Honda Group, replaced my front door speakers under used Honda Warranty, no fuss, great service, although still not impressed with the premium sound system installed in my car...

anyone got any suggrstions for fitting better speakers??

13. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

What do you want more of, volume, bass, treble?

14. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    just better quality sounds... my 56 Mondeo had better quality audio than my Accord EX

15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I like mine now they changed front speakers it sound fantastic.

16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Likewise, I have had three of my four door speakers replaced, all under warranty with no issues at all. That said, when the warranty ends, I will be looking to swap them to better Pioneer speakers or any other robust brand. The sound system in the 8th Generation is superb - the only gripe I have had has been with the speakers and even that pales when the warranty has had it remedied with literally no fuss at all.

17. sulosoo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have stereo problem also. Sound is a O.K. when it is turned on "Radio" but when you chose to play music from CD or USB on high volume (full low and high frequency) then sound is distorted and constantly "breaking up". Seems like there is an overload on CD and USB function. My dealer has replaced radio, but this problem is not fixed. Is it still the same speaker problem? (Accord 2011)

18. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Sulosoo,

Sounds like it could be the speaker problem. If you like really load bassy music, I'd upgrade the standard speakers anyway, they are fairly low quality.

19. Tadpaul Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have had both passenger door speakers replaced by Holdcroft Honda, thanks guys.
    I was wondering what settings everyone has on the premium system, mine are set to neutral on everything, following the speaker replacement.

The problem seems to be the fronts are punchy, the rears are a bit light, when set at volume 12, so I can't decide do I want the backs in play at a higher volume of 16 - 22 which brings in the subby or the fronts at volume 12 - 16.
    I can't seem to find a happy medium using the fader/balance controls.

20. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They are Panasonic - not a very good sound maker anyway. They are the "Renault/Nissan" of the audio world. Roll on spring/summer, I intend to rip mine out, fling them in a river and replace with something like Pioneer.