Engine & Gearbox Favour to ask

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Monday 8th Jul, 2013.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    If possible would someone with a petrol 7th Generation Accord (preferably 2.4) be able to post up a quick video of them starting their car from just before the key turn until it running? With sound of course! lol

Many thanks
    Graham

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    If no other takers, I will do this later tonight when I get my car back from the garage :Thumbup: (I'm kinda curious to see other owner's crank delay though)

4. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Cheers, I've gone through all that list before I'm sure. There's just a wee niggle on the back of my mind and with a forthcoming opportunity that could be taken advantage of I want to be sure :Smile:

A video would be lovely, all the ones online seem to be for 'merican cars.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I mate going to work in a bit so will take a clip from bone cold.it will be shot with a iPhone so the audio quality will not be excellent infact it will accentuate the noise, but it will give you an idea of the long crank.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Garage isn't done with the clutch bleed, won't be getting mine back till the morning now.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Clutch bleed takes not more than 20 minutes to do mate have the put the clutch fork back on properly ?

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

He rang me at the end of the day and said he didn't have time to get the bleed done but everything was back together. Said it went quite smoothly aside from a few stubborn bolts. He's going to bleed, road test, and ring me back in the morning.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Graham here you go buddy,

Apologies for the two stroke moped to ruin the clip, the engine was bone cold and was cranked without the immobiliser initialising the green key icon was still flashing whilst the engine was cranked. This known to the delay start up ,always better to wait until the green key icon has stop flashing before cranking.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This after the immobiliser has initialised clear to see a shorter crank cycle.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  11. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Cheers for that. Damn, my theory is just been thoroughly flushed down the toilet! lol

The actual time it takes from key turn until ignition wasn't bothering me but I was thinking I had a lazy starter because the cranking was quite slow, especially when compared to the in-law's Jazz which cranked really fast and started very quickly. I had an opportunity to get the starter motor reconditioned on the cheap through a mate's garage but mine turns at the same speed as yours so I'm not going to bother.

So I'm still stumped as to what could be causing this strange cold start problem. Everything seems to be pointing at the temperature sensor now as almost anything I can think of would also effect things whilst driving. I'm guessing if the temperature sensor is not giving the correct reading when it's cold, then the ECU may not be able to send the correct signals to start the car efficiently? Warm start is absolutely fine.

But then if the temperature sensor is connected to the air intake, then isn't it detecting the incoming air temperature and not the engine temperature? So then this wouldn't explain that when the engine is warm but it's cold outside it still starts ok! lol

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Graham all the K series engines on the 7th Generation Accords are lazy starter there is nothing you can do about it ..comparing to Jazz is not fair it does have the same engine nor the same immobiliser.

stop worrying about it ..ITS NORMAL.. you cannot improve it. If you want improvement this issue is resolved on the 8th Generation 2.4 it does have this long start. You will be wasting time money and effort chasing a ghost and you will never resolve it.

13. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It's not the long start or slow crank but that strange ignition thing that's bothering me. I think it's probably best to wait to see if it gets worse.

Last edited: Tuesday 9th Jul, 2013
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    it won't get worse mate I have collective 14 years and counting of ownership on the both 2.0 and 2.4 Accords and I know it will remain static it won't get worse unless you have a weak battery.

I can see this being a big issue for you , which you will have to deal with in your own time.