Accord/8th Gen Features not in the handbook

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by dennismate, Wednesday 19th Dec, 2012.

1. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Found a feature of the stereo today that's not listed in the handbook.

If you turn the stereo button on and in the 2 seconds before you hear the radio/CD player you turn the volume knob anticlockwise one click it turns the volume down to a mute setting (how shallow is my life??) if you don't turn the knob the volume will return to the setting it was at before you turned the stereo off.

I'm wondering if this is a design feature, or just a bug that Honda missed. I can't think of why you would want to turn the radio on then mute it immediately.

Anyone found any other little quirks??
    Ichiban likes this.
  2. bobbybliss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Rob Heerhugowaard
    Good thread! Things you don't notice, until you drive another car, are what makes a great car to me.

Yes, I know it works like this. Never knew it wasn't documented. Basicly the volume kicks in slowly, just as it fades out slowly when you get an incoming phone call. If I recall correctly, if you touch the knob during the fade, it won't acutally mute, but the volume will stay where it is, You might endup with volume 4 or 5, in stead of mute.

I can't come up with a specific feature now, but I like the fact that the passenger seatbelt, when unused, is positioned in such a way that it is impossible for it to rattle against the B-pillar.