Sponsors Ferodo DS2500 Now Available for CL9/CL1

Discussion in 'H-Tune' started by H-Tune, Wednesday 18th Nov, 2015.

1. H-Tune Performance Parts Trader

dinoc likes this.
  2. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Very nice, finally.

What will be the best discs to pair these with?

3. H-Tune Performance Parts Trader

OEM or StopTech blank discs would get our vote without costing the earth, they seem to last better than most other brands.

Project Mu probably make the best Honda specific discs, but shipping from Japan stings quite a bit.

4. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Stoptech makes discs for our Accord too, 25mm? I've thought they are making them only for the TSX 28mm

5. H-Tune Performance Parts Trader

That's right, they're the same thickness as Accord Type-R discs which quite a few people have used on the CL9. Some pads will need shaving down to make it all fit.

6. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    I better look for the TSX calipers, will the Ferodo ds2500 pads fits with the 28mm discs having TSX calipers to acomodate thicker discs ?

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You'd be better off upgrading to CU2 calipers, they have a bigger disc as well :Smile:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. H-Tune Performance Parts Trader

Actually have no idea about TSX caliper pad fitment, but we can source other sought after pads like Hawk HPS and HP+ for the TSX IIRC.

dinoc likes this.
  9. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    I will investigate this, the calipers from TSX accommodate thicker discs but same size but not sure about if the pads are the same with ours.

Another option to use ATR calipers. Dual pistons, are the Stoptech discs available for ATR?
    And Ferodo DS2500 pads for ATR?

10. H-Tune Performance Parts Trader

ATR calipers are twin pots and DS2500 is available for them on the links above, judging by the fact their both 28mm I'd assume they actually use the same discs as the TSX.

StopTech CL9 Discs:

STOPTECH SPORTSTOP FRONT BRAKE DISCS HONDA ACCORD 2.0 / 2.2 CTDI / 2.4 Type-S 03-08 - UK Dealer
    STOPTECH SPORTSTOP REAR BRAKE DISCS HONDA ACCORD 2.0 / 2.2 CTDI / 2.4 Type-S 03-08 - UK Dealer

StopTech ATR Front Discs:

STOPTECH SPORTSTOP FRONT BRAKE DISCS HONDA ACCORD Type-R 99-02 - UK Dealer

Our StopTech listings will be designed soon and put into dropdowns like Ferodo so it's easier to browse :Smile:

dinoc likes this.
  11. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Re-Edit: All Stoptech (not ATR, sorry ) discs listed above are 28 mm thick, right?

Last edited: Thursday 19th Nov, 2015
  12. H-Tune Performance Parts Trader

ATR discs are 28mm thick, Accord CL9 discs are 25mm thick if I remember right.