Introductions Finally got me a honda!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Paul_The_Human, Thursday 21st Mar, 2013.

1. Paul_The_Human Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey everyone, just like to say hi and introduce myself.
    My name is Paul and I've finally got myself a Honda Accord! I'm 27 and since driving my dads 6th Generation 1.8vtec sport when I was 17 I always wanted a Honda, I've had 10 different cars since starting driving in 2006 bet never for some reason purchased a Honda lol I've had from Astras, to evo's, Mitsubishi l200's too defenders and everything inbetween lol and in march this year I decided its time to buy a Honda! And with a little excuse (having a dog) I managed to convince my partner that we need an accord tourer B-) and boy what a car. I have a 2005 accord gun metal, executive 2.2i-cdti, full leather, with all the mod cons and best of all my partner, dog and myself love it!!
    there are a few things I would like to do to it though such as the Type-S bodykit, twin exhausts, remap and tinting but overall I'm ok pleased with it! The economy of it is mental! My old car *cough mg zt 1.8t* wouldn't even get 300 out of a tank. This gets 450 around town!!?? And the torque delivery on open road is second to non! Its like my dads old petrol v.Tec, you put ya foot down and WHOOSH!!
    Love it! Anyway ill hush up now, any advice and tips on anything to doo with these cars would be appreciated, I'm pretty savy with most things about cars, but I'm always willing to learn more.
    cheers
    Paul

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC, Paul.

Glad your enjoying the Accord.

A little odd that the Executive spec didn't have the Sat Nav system already installed.

3. stueymalton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome mate, can tell you have already fallen in love with Honda and you won't look back :Grin:

4. Paul_The_Human Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I duno why it wasn't installed already, deff an executive though. Just unlucky I think, although I've now got one in it, just wish it would bloody work lol and YeH deff fallen in love with it, feel stupid I never got one sooner!! Good things come to those who wait I spose lol I like how friendly people are on here, been on other owner sites before and some are so bloody Clicky!

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Know exactly what you mean mate :Wink:

Until I stumbled upon this site myself back in errmm June last year due to a VSA issue on my Accord my general policy was to stay away from forums. The guys on here are a great bunch though and I've found myself quite at home here.

6. Paul_The_Human Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah definitely seem a decent bunch of people! Ah see you say about a VSA fault? Mine has the VSA message up on the dash including the ABS light and another warning light next to it, thing is ABS works fine, was wondering if it may be due to a sensor being knocked off or something?

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Could be a whole host of things, failed sensor, failed VSA module, fuse etc you need to get the code read with a Honda HDS.

8. Paul_The_Human Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Didn't think of the fuse, might be a good place to start, when I purchased the car it had a dead battery, got the company to fit a new one when I purchased, the light wasnt on when I test drove it, then I had it washed then on the way home the lights came on. Maybe the new battery some how spiked it? Or the water from the jet wash got in the sensor

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Incorrect or uneven tyre sizes can also through up a VSA light.

10. Paul_The_Human Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

can't remember what tyre size they are now, they are on a 16" wheel. Stupid cos I've just put new ones on it and knew what size they were, they are the same as what came on it and from what I checked were correct size