Introductions Finally got round to doing this:

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by totogbemi, Tuesday 23rd Aug, 2016.

1. totogbemi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Toto London
    Hello All :Smile:,
    New to Honda ownership, previously owned German makes but in looking for a family friendly car was introduced to CR-V by a friend who happens to be a member of this forum as well. Have a number of teething problems, but CR-V is slowly growing on me. Debatable, but I think Honda might just edge BMW in reliability, time will tell.
    Quite interested in and enthusiast ic about cars and always looking to learn more!:Smile:

Zebster and CathyJ_NW like this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

jazzway likes this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    No "might" about it - virtually any car outperforms a BMW on reliability.

Welcome to HK, pop your car into the club garage, and any questions, feel free to ask.

4. 1066Boy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome to the club from a hot & sunny south coast.

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello and welcome to HK!

6. totogbemi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Toto London
    My comment really stems from my experiences with the cars and the activity on both forums.
    On the Bimmerforum, you had lots of presence and lots of faults were common i.e. if you had a problem there were at least 10-15 guys who either were having the same issue or had it before. Certain problems were referred to as "known issues" or manufacturing defects. There were constant threads about sensors, switches and functional features malfunctioning.
    On this forum, you have some experienced posters saying they had never encountered certain faults and a lot of the traffic appears to be in the "social" threads.You could go days without a new thread appearing in some sections.

That said, my experience with the bimmers wasn't bad (had a 3 series and then a 5 series), but I do think the Honda experience will prove to be the better one. Just need to solve some teething problems! You also get a lot of features the the Germans class as optional extras as standard on some of these Japanese models. Not bad!

CathyJ_NW and FirstHonda like this.
  7. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    Welcome!

8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome anyway and I am sure you will have less problems with your Honda. :welcome:

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @totogbemi :welcome:

I used to have German cars - VW in my case - but wouldn't go back to those days of constant (and major!) problems again.

:gohonda:

10. CathyJ_NW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Cathy Dyserth
    Welcome along, from a hot & sunny North Wales! :Smile:

11. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hence you could conclude that Honda has less faults. When the experienced people say they haven't seen that fault before it's obviously a rare fault.

Working in a Quality department of a large UK manufacturer myself, I can tell you that rest of the industry strives to reach the low warranty claims levels of which company ? Well it's none other than Honda !

So if Honda are setting the bar that the others are trying to reach, then obviously they are more reliable :jumpup::lol::peace:

13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:Karma
    Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members