Detailing Finally Got Round to Some Cleaning.....

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by John Dickson, Sunday 13th Sep, 2015.

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I finally got round to cleaning my car this afternoon

WP_20150913_18_47_50_Pro[1].

I should've had before and after pictures as it was quite bad.

I washed it with AutoGlym Shampoo, microfibre towelled it dry then some Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Wheel Seal on the alloys.

Also cut the grass :izy: but need to cut the hedge next :multitask:

FirstHonda, Nels and Ichiban like this.
  2. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Bling Bling
    Looks lovely John

John Dickson likes this.
  3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Did you go and buy a new car :Grin:

John Dickson, Ichiban and AccordCU2 like this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah he got a direct line to Sayama plant ans trade it in for a proper Petrol car.:mosh:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hedges you say eh.. You need one of these bad boys the cut is ultra slick I now have hedges which look awesome with no fuss.

Service & Maintenance - Honda HHH 25S

John Dickson likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I think it's really bad form to photograph a magnificent, gleaming Accord in front of such an untidy hedge. :shock:

What is this world coming to? :lol:

On a serious note, great job John but don't leave it so long before the next wash and polish.:Grin:

John Dickson likes this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That looks a thoroughly good job JD :Thumbup:

John Dickson likes this.
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes and they made me a one off 8th Generation EuroR :vtec::BooYeah:I wish....
    - - - Updated - - -
    I've been looking at that or the versatool as I like the idea of different attachments for other jobs.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks Bret got the back ache to remind me of the work I put in but it was worth it.

It better not rain tomorrow :lol:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks Nels it needed doing badly and you're right I shouldn't have left it so long. I've been lazy lately on both the car cleaning and gardening fronts. It's easier to put off cleaning the car in the summer when there's no road salt around to worry about.

It was next to the fence at the back of Sainsbury's before this so thought I'd go for the more scenic of the two locations :lol:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Cheers. I was going to put some tyre dressing on as well but ran out of time.

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Very, very nice @John Dickson :clap:

I've become a big fan of the pearl white!

:Smile:

John Dickson likes this.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Cheers Ed. I should've had a before photo as well. The white really does hide the dirt it only looks as bad as it really is once you've got a clean bit as a comparison.

Needless to say it's rained here yesterday and today so it's not as clean as this anymore but still not too bad the polish has stopped a lot of the muck sticking.

Last edited: Tuesday 15th Sep, 2015
  10. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    looking very nice mate !

John Dickson likes this.
  11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks Chris

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

And that makes it easier to just give her a quick rinse...Well, quicker than a full cleaning programme. :blush:

13. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Saw it on your drive tonight, still looking clean :Thumbup:

John Dickson likes this.
  14. wanner69 Detailing & Styling Trader

Wirral
    Very nice John, did you seal the paint work with a sealant or wax?

John Dickson likes this.
  15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks @wanner69 I have some Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection which I fully intended to use but I ran out of time unfortunately.

Definitely gonna try and get some on before the winter though.

16. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would be inclined to do something about the gaps in the block paving, they look a bit in need of some course sand being scrubbed through them to remove any moss or grime that's built up.
    O'h nice looking car by the way :Hey:

John Dickson likes this.
  17. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ Uh-oh, I didn't realise the HondaKarma judges could turn up at any time to assess your car! :Laughing:

John Dickson and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  18. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

cheers @steve4536 yes I need to sort the block paving. Ideally if it wasn't for the expense I'd rip it up and tarmac it as I hate block paving - far to maintenance heavy for it's own good. A nice low maintenance tarmac drive is far better or even the original 1960s concrete but the previous owner widened the drive and put the block paving down.

Block paving looks good when new and if it is laid properly (which this is - no blocks have moved) but block paving is similar to laminate flooring in that there are people who think they can lay it and those that actually can. You see so many block paving installations where it has settled or the blocks have moved just down to poor or lazy installation. Mine is laid on concrete so won't ever move. :GoodJob:

My ultimate plan is to get it professionally cleaned and sealed as many of the blocks are dirty.

19. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Here's the bad news - 1,200 miles and I'm nearly back to square 1 but at least I've cut my hedge! :Grin:

White Orchid actually does hide the dirt quite well.

WP_20150925_14_31_19_Pro[1].

WP_20150925_14_31_25_Pro[1].

I've been away in Scotland for a few days and there was some very heavy rain. My new Yokohama Decibel E70D performed excellently (don't know why I'm surprised I've had probably 6 or 7 sets of these great tyres) and the car ran as sweet as a nut on BPU diesel and regular BP diesel returning overall 47.6MPG

Plus I saw this street in Aberdeen. Sorry didn't get chance to get my own photo so I nicked Google's

Bon Accord Street.PNG

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Accord Street :mosh::Niceone::Thumbup::peace::nodding::clap: No bloody Accord in sight thou.