General Finally got the tourer today

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by AlexD333, Thursday 31st Jan, 2013.

1. AlexD333 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So i've finally picked her up. All is running well and seems to be smooth. Was surprised at the high speed to low RPM ratio on the motorway on the way home today.

I've got some time off work to sort a few bits out. Im popping into my work tomorrow to get the headlight recall done as one of the headlights is showing light signs of misting. I will also get the techs to have a quick look over the car. One thing I have noticed, kind of hard to describe, at low speeds 0-5mph when in traffic letting the clutch up with some gas I notice almost a "click" feel through the steering wheel, I must stress how slight this is.. But wondered if its a common thing or a traite of the tourers??

Thanks all

Oh anything else I should check out tomorrow just drop me a line :Smile:

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The click is probably the cruise control switch being pressed. This is there to sense the clutch being pressed so that the cruise control can be disabled on pressing clutch.

BTW where do you work ?

3. AlexD333 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply. Its definately not me pressing the switch, if you are familiar with motorbikes, i guess the only was I can describe this "click" is imagine a bike with loose headrace bearings and you keep tap tap taping the brakes, you get that "loose click" feel. I can actually feel it through the steering wheel, but only at 1-5mph when taking off. If i take off very gently its not there, if i take off a little faster it clicks. Im not really worried as it drives quite nicely, but still interested.

I work at Chiswick Honda, im on the motorcycle service desk.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reply. Its definately not me pressing the switch, if you are familiar with motorbikes, i guess the only was I can describe this "click" is imagine a bike with loose headrace bearings and you keep tap tap taping the brakes, you get that "loose click" feel. I can actually feel it through the steering wheel, but only at 1-5mph when taking off. If i take off very gently its not there, if i take off a little faster it clicks. Im not really worried as it drives quite nicely, but still interested.

I work at Chiswick Honda, im on the motorcycle service desk.