Daily Driver First CR-V

3rd Generation (2006-2012) vehicle added by nsxer, Sunday 22nd Jun, 2014

1. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

nsxer added a new Honda to the garage:

First CR-V

Check the vehicle's full information here.

2. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

My detailer done an interior refresh and as part of this, he undertakes a pollen filter change.
    Considering age an mileage of this car it was not changed by Honda service which I find appalling and when I saw it it was very black indeed and certainly required changing.

This is not the first time I have been not impressed with local Honda franchises NOT doing the required maintenance on their vehicles.

3. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    :GoodJob:

I love these and would like one for the wife, she loves them too. Just a little out of price range for the foreseeable future.

Health to drive dude

4. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks Pete!

:Thumbup:

Yeah they are a pricey bugger alright. However I got a chance to buy at a price that simply could not be turned down so I took more financial pain to get it. I saved £££'s compared to forecourt prices - Honda or independent!

I had written of my chances of getting one due to cost. I have to say the only trim level I would ever consider on these is EX.

Will get more pics up in due course

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Congratulations on your new member of the family. :OTT:
    It looks like she's in very good condition.

Looking forward to seeing more photos when you have time.

nsxer likes this.
  6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

For some reason, silver on the 3rd Generation looks better than on the 4th Generation.

Either way, its a cracking car, especially in EX guise. No point buying anything less in my view. (Although its crying out for a rear spoiler and aggressive Aero Body Kit!!!)

:Niceone:

Phil P and nsxer like this.
  7. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

thanks for the thumbs up

Yes a rear spoiler is a must ... if u know anywhere let me know

the areo kit would be cool but really really pricey.

will do some mods as and when i can ... the NSX still requires my funds

Agreed, EX is the only way to go in thses IMHO

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Naturally I suggest Holdcroft Honda - not sure if they would/do ship to NI?

Worth asking.

Also, the bay of E usually has spoilers etc available too.

9. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yes, will speak to Holdcroft, want to chat to them about service parts anyways
    I thought they just no longer did international orders ... which does not apply to me!

Ta

Nothing on ebay either

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

nsxer likes this.
  11. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks!

It's a pricey bugger though :Frown:

12. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

As I effectively bought the car at trade I have to do a few tidy ups to the car. Have already started doing bits including the full detail inside and out.

Installed a rear bumper stainless steel cover to prevent marking on the rear bumper. Great part and should be standard on the car.

Next up I have had to replace the rear near side taillight ... The reverse lens was smashed so was able to get a very good condition replacement unit of eBay which saved me £££'s from HUK.

Over the weekend I will be installing 2 new front tyres. Likely go for a Michelin grade. Will have to do the rears next month along with a full 4 wheel computer alignment and geo setup

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    :Need Pics:

:Smile:

14. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I was just wondering what that bumper strip looked like. Thanks for the ebay link.

nsxer likes this.
  16. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

no probs i took a punt on it and it appears to be a decent piece of kit

17. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Well the car has just turned 19.5k today and I was taking to my Indy mechanic to do a service for me to set the benchmark for my ownership. I have already replaced cracked rear tail light and replaced rear tyres. New fronts still to come but my main goal was to get the important service parts installed. So today was:
    Oil and filter change with 6l of castrol edge 0-30
    Air filter change
    Fuel filter change
    Rear diff flush and oil refresh

The car was supposedly serviced by main dealer at 14k, but have to say was quite shocked at dirt of air filter. Fortunately no signs of dodgy fuel use when changing the fuel filter and the reservoir was clean ... Phew!
    Oil looked fresh from the diff but changed now anyways. Will revisit again in next 20k unless someone tells me otherwise. Had a good look under the car when on the lift and fortunately it's pretty clean; gonna look at applying waxyol on in the near future considering cleanliness underneath

Also purchased the Honda sports pedal kit and installed it today. Think they look a lot better and I will get pics up at some point for you to see.

After service bought some diesel boost/cleaner stuff and threw it into the 1/2 tank fuel left in the tank... Think it's the miller oils stuff. See how that goes it has enuff for 10 apps and states that may need 200 miles to start working.

Next service to keep warranty intact is 25k ... So will talk to dealer prior to any servicing work ...

18. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You have been busy.
    Great to see someone cherishing their Honda. :Niceone:

nsxer likes this.
  19. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Had a bit of work to do as she was bought effectively at trade so I have to sort bits out. This car will be with the family long term so I want to keep her tip top and do what I can to minimise problems other owners have had during ownership and learn from it. This site has been very useful to date. I plan to contribute as much as I can back. But rest assured the car will be regularly serviced and not to the guidelines of Honda either

Nels likes this.
  20. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Got these in the post today ... Just realised not sure if I have a machine that has PCMCIA slot on it ... Ohh balls :Frown:

image.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 18th Aug, 2014