Detailing First day of Summer , wash the engine and undercarriage

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by Ichiban, Sunday 25th Mar, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have spent the entire day washing the engine bay and 75% of the undercarriage of all the winter salt.

Over the winter months I have done 8000 between Leeds and Manchester in the worst winter condition possible. The M62 in my opinion is over gritted stretch of motorway. The tyres on my car was as bad a white lined tyres from the 50's they were never black !!

First to clean the engine bay.

Before

photo de1. photo(1). photo(2). photo(3). photo(4). photo de.

The Clean

Rinse the engine with low pressure water then using Megs APC foam to clean the engine. Brush the entire engine with two soft brushed for two hour painstakingly ensuring nothing was left.

photo(5). photo(6). photo(8).

Washed the engine three times with foam. Then using my Honda leaf blower dried the engine until bone dry

To

Using 303 aerospace protectant and bilt hamber balm for the painted surfaces.

photo(24). photo(9). photo(10).

Will add more pictures.

The front and the undercarriage

photo(17). photo(22). photo(23). photo(13). photo(12). photo(11).

I forgot to take pictures of the after !! on the front two tyres..cleaned the front two wheels and coated them with PBWS

But I did take some picture in between cleaning the running boards

photo(15). photo(16). photo(18). photo(19). photo(7). photo(8). photo(13). photo(14). photo(14). photo.

More to follow next week when I do the rear and will upload some pictures of the fronts ..

Attached Files:

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Proper job Ceej.Like your attention to detail,you don't miss much when it comes to yours cars do you?Will have to do mine as well.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cheers Buddy , I hate people detailing their cars to the hill but underneath its a shed with mud caked on .. to me the underneath cleanliness is of higher importance than the exterior paint finish.

Sure buddy we will do yours to do this job properly it does take 4 days to clean and protect. I applied two pack epoxy to the entire undercarriage and cross members two year ago and after washing it is brand new.

Its a must for our Honda's to keep corrosion at bay .

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Since the Yorkshire weather is favourable yet again, I dashed back from work and had four hours of sunshine to get the rear of washed.

Mega happy with the outcome finally the car is completely free of all salt , I mean every single inch of the undercarriage has been scrubbed,washed rinsed and dried. Goodbye 2011-12 salt you are history!!

May be next year I will have to reapply epoxy paint to keep on top of surface corrosion.

Before

photo(4). photo(3). photo(2). photo(1). photo.

After...

photo 5. photo(5). photo(6). photo(7).

total time spent 13.5 hours including engine.

5. dl0205 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Now that's one spoilt car! You've got to much time on your hands CJ

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I like spoilt cars,I can't stand tarts...:Grin:

7. dl0205 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Depends which type of tarts your on about. I personally like Gypsy tart! But that could be a Kentish thing.:Wink:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You see the Taarts up naarth you will soon find out it safer to be in Thailand... ( I have never been to Thailand a mate came back from his escapades the stories he came out were hilarious )

9. dl0205 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    Thailand! I trust his adventures didn't involve tarts that have a little something extra!:Wink:

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    oh yes and realisation the 3 am looks are deadly.

11. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't even have time to wash the bits of the car I can see never mnd the undercarriage. Helen really is getting a well looked after car once you pass it down to her.

12. dl0205 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Kent
    I hope he didn't wake up feeling a bit sore, or does he now walk with a bit or a limp!:Grin:

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    says he had a lucky escape as he got a cold sweat after he heard a few murmurs of a husky male voice.

so he says ...