Feedback/Help First Impressions..

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Sprockutt, Tuesday 21st Oct, 2014.

1. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    I've owned all sorts of cars and bikes over the years and have joined lots of forums in that time. However without doubt this is the slickest most professional forum I've been part of.

Obviously it's early days for me but I've been very impressed with the trophies and the focus on your garage which are nice features. You can tell that a whole lot of time and effort has gone into building this forum and I just thought I'd pass on my positive comments to all those involved.

Top work.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks David for the feedback I am beaming like a Cheshire Cat, however all the credit goes to @DeviateDefiant and his restlessness pursuit of getting things right. The sheer number of hours gone into HK is staggering. If you like what you see you you aint nothing yet they next upgrade to community is quite big, watch this space.

Mikey D, Chunkylover53 and Sprockutt like this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That's very kind of you to say so.
    The guys on here worked really hard to set up a club that is clearly better than the rest. Well that's what I thought when I joined.
    A friendly site where we all help each other. Posting up DIY's, no matter how basic, are always welcome, since we all have to start somewhere.
    The club garage is good to look through, but also helps us see your car/bike/lawn mower etc. and thus give better advice.
    There's lots more, but I'll let you see for yourself.:Drinks:

Sprockutt likes this.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Thank you for the kind words @Sprockutt, it's been a long-haul for the past 7 months fine-tuning and tweaking the site to make it the best we possibly can. There's plenty more in the pipe-line, and we're going to continue developing the site as far as we can take it. It's a passion hobby for many of the staff and members alike and that's really helped contribute to our early success, we're pretty optimistic about the future of the club!

The two big aces up our sleeve are @Ichiban being ex-Honda staff, and myself being a professional Frontend Web Developer :Laughing:

Mikey D and Sprockutt like this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Thanks for the kind words David.

As well as the expertise that @Ichiban brings and relentless development efforts of @DeviateDefiant, we are lucky to have really friendly atmosphere where everyone chips in to help and advise each other.

Sprockutt likes this.
  6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Let me echo the thanks for the kind words David. This place is indeed probably one of, if not, the best out there. We love getting new members, helping them out and hearing and seeing their new cars, especially rare cars like your Logo. If you do happen to do any work on her yourself, we would love to see some pictures or DIY's on such a rare car as yours.

Sprockutt likes this.
  7. Sprockutt Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David East Kilbride
    Ah yes, I should have also mentioned the very friendly and helpful atmosphere!

You can have all the cool site features in the world but without the support of a community of like minded helpful individuals the site just wouldn't work. Put the two together and you have a very very impressive combination. I can honestly say it's given me a huge boost to my enthusiasm for my little car. After looking about online and seeing hardly any mention of the car on any forums I really didn't know what kind of reaction I would get from posting here. But am very glad as I was pleasantly surprised at the response I received and am now looking forward to updating all of you with the progress of my little Logo.

After having some of the minor bodywork issues tidied I intend to keep it completely original (down to not even changing the honda tape deck) apart from putting on a set of Enkei J-Speed's with a new set of tyres. It really should be in first class condition after having a little bit of cash and TLC spent on it.

Anyhow looking forward to hopefully being a part of the site for a long time to come. Thanks again for being so welcoming and supportive of my wee Logo :Thumbup:

8. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I wholeheartedly agree with what @Sprockutt has said. I signed up to quite a few Honda focused forums after getting my Honda, and HK is definitely the most welcoming, professional looking and helpful forum. My mechanical skills are extremely limited and I've not done much to any of my cars myself for ages, but none of the 'old hands' around here have made me feel unwanted, but rather seem to have gone that little bit further to help.

My boss has already laid into me for the amount of time I spent on this website at work, which goes a long way into saying how much I enjoy being here :Grin: But then he drives a Vauxhall, so I guess he just doesn't get it :Wink:

9. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    You are very welcome mate - we love our cars, especially the unique ones. Truthfully, you wouldn't be able to give us too much information about her if you tried. I am sure I speak for all the staff when I say that we all look forward to seeing how she is looked after.

Oh, @Ichiban is the man if you need any obscure parts or information about her. He can pretty much get any information you need. Ichiban - no pressure here bud.... :Rolf:
    - - - Updated - - -
    @RogerH69, Vauxhall drivers will never get the sense of community and cars actually functioning. Angry people due to have unreliable angry little cars. :blush:

Sprockutt and RogerH69 like this.
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@Sprockutt , @RogerH69, I'm very happy that you like HK. I believe that if we all gave back at least as much as we take out from here, we will have the best online community anywhere. I too am not as mechanically skilled as some on here, so try to help in other ways. However, I'm learning. :toy:

Last edited: Thursday 23rd Oct, 2014
    DeviateDefiant likes this.