Introductions First time Honda owner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Princepugh, Tuesday 19th Feb, 2013.

1. Princepugh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David Sheffield
    Howdy

Joining the club after many years of Volvo ownership - just sold my V70 T5 and will be picking up an 07 FR-V 1.8 over the next week.

Was really impressed with the car on the test drive - seemed happy to lug along me, the wife, three kids and the rather generously proportined salesman so looking forward to driving it back from the dealers.

Also hoping that the i-VTEC engine will improve economy over my T5 and not cost as much to run - much as I will miss my turbocharged engine, it did cost a fair bit to maintain and run.

Our 9-year old is looking forward to sitting in the middle seat and there'll be plenty of room for getting the littler ones in and out of the back seats.

Will post some pics up once I've landed.

Need to look at roof rails/ boxes in due course so might be asking questions on here - look forward to future discussions.

Hope folk on here are as friendly as on the Ovlov forums! :Smile:

Regards

David

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC David.

Congrats on the FR-V purchase. It's a great car, drives superbly and has amples of room. I've planning to replace my wifes Civic at sometime in the future with one.

The FR-V family here on AOC is growing day by day, great to see you all here :Smile:

Princepugh likes this.
  3. Princepugh Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom David Sheffield
    Now officially a Honda owner!

And so we’ve taken delivery of the Honda, or rather we’ve collected it after a lengthy journey up to not-so-sunny ‘Scunny’, aka Firewall, or just plain Scunthorpe.

Being without a car for a week was surprisingly liberating and I got fit walking and cycling everywhere; but getting in the Honda for the drive back felt good. All of the controls and switch gear is intuitive and we had a relaxing journey back on a mixture of A roads and motorways.

The fuel consumption was at 23 MPG (!) when we set off but quickly climbed to over 31 before we parked up back home – I’m rather hoping to achieve high 30’s on longer runs but time will tell whether or not this is pie in the sky.

Gotta say, the little 1.8 engine is a gem – can’t believe how tractable it is!

Will post some pics up in the Garage later.

2013-02-24140749_1.

6 seats....

2013-02-24140920.

Ichiban and SpeedyGee like this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That looks really good David. Like it :Smile:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC David ,

Nice looking car you got there bud, :Hooray: If you need any FR-V related info just ask :Wink:

Princepugh likes this.