Aftermarket Kit First Upgrades to the CR-V, Xenon Kit, Sidelights and Number Plate lights, :)

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by EAZ CR-V, Friday 25th Jan, 2013.

1. EAZ CR-V Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Devon
    Fitted the Xenons this evening and really happy with the results,

Because of the projector lenses there really is hardly any glare and light is clear,

photo3-1_zps08128d99.
    photo4-1_zps375f5f93.

The job was a bit fidley but at least I had my dry garage to work in, :Smile:

photo21-1_zpsc09e9761.

Rear's,

photo11_zps584a3b97.

Front sidelights,

photo2_zpsa58de1ee.

photo1_zps57aff529.

Got the interior LED's on order, :Smile:

Last edited: Friday 25th Jan, 2013
    RichT, i-DSI and Bowler like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. EAZ CR-V Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Devon
    Thanks matey! :Smile:

Happy with the results.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    me too please do share the vendors where you got the HID's and LED's from it will help everyone. The tailgate number plate one are superb.

5. EAZ CR-V Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Devon
    No probs mate,

HID kit which I also had on my Golf GT previously,

H1 Fitment 6000K,

Xenon HID Conversion kit H1 H7 4300K 5000K 6000K & 8000K AC Ballast SLIM KIT AC | eBay

The bulbs are exactly the same for sidelights and number plates lights:

I bought 2 sets of these,

2x CANBUS LED BULB 501 W5W T10 CAR NUMBER LICENSE NO PLATE LIGHT 5050 SMD WHITE | eBay

RichT and Ichiban like this.
  6. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Looks very good mate - how much of a difference do your Xenons make on the road?

I've not had HIDs before I got my CR-V and am well impressed with the difference compared to ordinary headlights. Not totally convinced about the High Beam Assist though. They switch to high beam OK, but to me they seem a bit slow switching to dip beam when an oncoming car appears in view - I would have dipped the headlights a bit earlier myself.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rich you can visit your local dealer and get the delay on the HBA reduced.

8. RichT Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers for that mate, I'll have a word with them next time I'm passing :Thumbup:

9. EAZ CR-V Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Devon
    Hey Rich,

Yeah they are alot better mate, the white light makes everything so much clearer!

Also its good to know you can get the dealer to alter your high beam assist.

:Smile:

10. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Are LED's legal?
    Really interested in going that route but concerned when such as "Halfrauds" insist on putting riders on all there product saying for show and off road use only not legal for public Highway!

11. EAZ CR-V Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Devon
    Hi Bowler,

Yes they are legal mate, As long as its white light LED forward facing its fine. My bro in law is an MOT tester and owns his own garage so I asked him.

The Xenons are fine for now but the law will be coming where retro fitted will become ilegal. For then I will have an easy hologen "test set" made up, also because the CR-V's have projector lens which mean the Xenons don't dazzle and I have 6000K which when warmed up are all but pure white I don't think Mr Law will think they are retro fitted and notice me.

:Smile: