Dealers/Garages Fish Brothers Honda in Swindon

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by bijomaru, Friday 12th Dec, 2014.

1. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    Took my car there for a diagnostics and health check before my trip abroad.

In addition to the VSA modulator failure which they found, and I had the dashboard light to remind me of, I was also worried about the knocking in suspension.

The found the N/L tie-rod nut loose and it would not tighten. Also drop-link needed replacing.

Was quoted £227 for the job, which I think wasn't too bad considering parts from lingshonda were about £160. And I wanted the piece of mind that it's being sorted well. Dropped the car off in the morning, was ready for 3pm.

The car is much quieter now, so I'm a happy customer.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

There's a lot to be said for convenience and piece of mind. At least you don't need to worry about your Accord.
    You can now enjoy your trip. :Grin:

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Good feedback there mate, hopefully @Nighthawk's VSA modulator solution with ECU testing will pan out :Smile:

4. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

The only thing I was surprised they haven't done, was wheel alignment. I would have thought that replacing a tie rod end is a good reason to do so. The car was pulling to the right once I picked it up, but had my winter tyres fitted yesterday, tracking done, it's all well now :Smile: Ready for the trip!

5. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Alignment is essential after a tie rod end is replaced, bit shocking they didn't do that but good to hear you got it sorted now anyway

6. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

I'm thinking if it's worth calling them about it. Also, there's a squeak in FL suspension now when going slow over bumps etc, when the suspension is being compressed. I'm now leaving on Friday with no spare days to take off work. Anything I should check for myself?