Electrical & Lights Fit For Purpose

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by John Hamer, Thursday 10th Sep, 2015.

1. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    Or am I just unlucky?

Both fog lamps on my tourer cracked, probably due to resurfacing with chip and stick methods, which as we know even when the racing line is well established the gutters are still full of loose stuff. Have sent for some sticky back plastic to effect repair, unless anyone has a better option? Photo0012[1]. Photo0013[1].

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It as as unlucky as tyre punctures mate, you git to take the rough with the smooth. Sh1t happens everyday like clock work.

3. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I make you right, But I don't carry a shovel. LOL

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Hi Guys
    I may have a cunning plan (as one of mine is cracked), I found a genuine one on Fleebay which will arrive soon. looking at the existing light there is a gap of about 2-3mm between the lens and the plastic surround. My plan is to use some green house plastic sheet and cut out two pieces and glue them to the rear of the plastic surround then refit the lights. Will keep you posted.

6. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Done the same thing! so far so good. just used double sided sticky tape, and plastic corrugated sheet, straight onto the damaged lens never use them anyway.

7. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    They may yellow with age?

8. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I will then paint them black. LOL tHEY WILL MATCH THE BUMPER THEN!

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Due to their positioning they do take a bit of abuse from stones being flung up, takes a hefty one to crack them mind. It happened on my '03 as well buddy.

10. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quite easy after the road has been tarred and chipped, 20mph advisory? Lorries cannot read.

11. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

DSCN0209.JPG DSCN0211.JPG DSCN0211.JPG DSCN0211.JPG DSCN0209.JPG DSCN0211.JPG
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry things have gone awry, only got one offside fog honest, the nearside looks pretty much the same. LOL

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Replacements aren't cheap from Honda, but at least for the 7th Generation they're available quite cheap on eBay.