Body, Paint & Styling Fitted a new boot

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by GavTS, Tuesday 30th Oct, 2012.

1. GavTS Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quick up date on my 2002 Accord.

The boot lid had some paint peal on it and the previous owner tried to fix it himself with very little success.

So I got a boot from a scrapyard and gave it my mate to spray it and I fitted myself. Total cost €80.

The old boot:
    exback.
    oldboot.

The new one went on easy enough, just a simple case of disconnecting everything on the old one and doing it all in reverse.
    Tools: Philips head screwdriver, 10mm socket, needle nose pliers and an optional cup of coffee and a smoke :Smile:
    New boot fitted:
    newboot.

It took about 30 minutes, it was a little annoying trying to get the locking arm aligned but other than that is was very straight forward.
    I think I'll leave all the badges off as it looks nice and clean without them:Thumbup:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Champion :Hooray: cheaper than a respray and you have a spare lid is anything does happen.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Good job :Thumbup:

It's satisfying when you sort out an issue yourself.

4. GavTS Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah I love doing stuff like this myself, my friend that sprayed it offered to fit it but I wanted to tackle it myself just to see if I could. Delighted with the results. If the weather is good this weekend I'm gonna clay bar the rest of the car and give it a polish and wax. As the new paint on the boot has the rest of the car showing its age.