Aftermarket Kit Fitted DRL to my CR-V

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Wizard, Thursday 7th Apr, 2016.

1. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    Fitted some DRL's to my 2009 CR-V today.

Took the plastic cover off to gain access to back of the grill and make running cable easier.

Pretty easy to fit. I cut a small bit of the plastic grill out behind the lights so they would sit better.

I then used some black automotive double sided tape to stick the bottom of the DRL to the grill. I cleaned all the plastic and heated both DRL & grill before sticking the DRL in place and they seem nice and secure.

I then ran the wires following existing wiring to the supplied water proof control unit. I ran my wires in conduit that looks very much like the original Honda wiring.

Wiring was simple, above the near side head light I opened up the plastic conduit above the main beam bulb. In here I found the earth (black) ignition (yellow) & side light (red). I soldered my wires from DRL unit to these. I then stuck the control unit to the body behind the battery. (These wire colours were correct for my car, but please check with a multimeter before you connect yours!).

The DRL's come on with ignition and turn off with side lights so are legal.

The kit I used, not the cheapest, but good quality and waterproof.
    image. image. image.
    legend-ary and FirstHonda like this.
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    They look like they belong there, good job !
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Very neat indeed. :Niceone:
  4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Agree with the comments above, they look really good.

5. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    Another pic closer up.

I would have liked it to be more flush, but gap in the grill isn't wide enough.

I'm very pleased with the result and totally reversible if removal required as I don't think anyone would ever notice the missing bit of inner grill.

FirstHonda likes this.
  6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

That looks fantastic. Great job