ICE & HFT Fitting bassbox in the boot

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by hsyasin, Monday 10th Mar, 2014.

1. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    Hey all,
    Had a bassbox from my previous car lying in the shed, so thought to take it out and try putting it in the accord over the weekend, but couldn't a way to take amp's live wire from boot to the hood. Can anybody suggest where should i start or from where should i pull this wire out, as i had a look under the dash and it is quite sealed, and found no way to pass wire through into the engine bay. Plz help, really wanna hear to some good sound :Sorry::SOS:
    Also, where the accord's antena in the boot as I also want to hookup remote wire, as this is how it was hooked up in my previous car, czo it had an automatic antenna in the boot which came out as soon as head unit was turned on, so i took power from antenna to turn the remote on for the amp

2. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The aerial is in the rear window above the heated windscreen element, it's the top 2 elements. The power wire for the bass box will need to be fed through the boot to either the left or right of the rear seats you can then follow the wiring looms along the sills to the front of the car. There are also a couple of rubber gormits in the fire wall for the wiring looms which you could pass the cable through.

3. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I know that doc, the thing I'm asking as, has anybody already done a diy on this, like fitting an amplifier?
    Also, is there a better way to feed amp remote in the boot or anywhere else from the car?:Unknown:
    I was thinking of hot wiring from behind the head unit, but don't really know which wire to hot wire into?:What:

4. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hey all, worked on the car over the weekend and had a bit of success passing mains wire to the bonnet from boot, what i did was disassembled the center console all the way through to just below where head unit is and found a rubber grommet in the middle just behind where gear wires are going into the engine. Took the rubber grommet out and found out that this leads out of the cabin and below that hole is the heat shield(exhaust heat shield), so the wire is going from behind the heat shield up to the engine, a bit worried whether the wire would melt there or not??:Frown:
    Also, behind the head unit is a blue harness, am i right in thinking that this harness conatins wires for turning the headunit on/off??
    if yes, then which colored wire is best for this purpose?:Wassat:
    :SOS:

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Pin 9 on the big white connector rings a bell, so if you are looking at the connector with the wires behind it and you facing the front of the connector, release clip facing upwards, count the 9th pin from left hand side on the top row.

I'm stating that from memory, so you will need to verify it.

6. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Big White connector?
    I could only see one big blue connector going behind the headunit assembly.
    I'll have another look, in fact what I'm thinking now is, depending on if I have enough time, to do a DIY as to how to put a bass box or an amplifier in the boot.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I did say I was doing this from memory LOL. Its a connector with about 20 pins.

Actually which head unit do you have ? I've played with the Sat Nav variant previously.

8. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Its the simple one, just has climate control and cd/fm

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Check the connector, if it about 20 pins (two rows of 10), then it most likely the same, then you just want to check with a multimeter if that pin 9 is on when the CD/FM unit is switched on and it's off when the CD/FM unit is switched off. If it is then that's your remote wire to tap off :OTT:

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

When you do look at it, take some pics of the connector and post them up please.

11. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yeah sure, will do

12. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Got it, opened the console up in a few mins and took pics of the connector connected at the back of head unit
    theres also this one other connector that i thought was also related to the audio, but that might just be me.

IMG_20140317_150653. IMG_20140317_150837.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 18th Mar, 2014
  13. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

IMG_20140317_193911. IMG_20140317_193946. IMG_20140317_194013. IMG_20140317_194040. Managed to take a few more last night.
    I've circled that pic where blue connector goes. And yes it is a 20 pin connector, but a few pins seems to have been left empty.

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I've edited your post and clicked on "insert full images", make its easier to see the pics rather than having to go through each of the attachments. when you're editing you'll find this option under Attachments.

See the picture with your finger in it, that right most wire, the yellow/green, I think that is antenna amp turn on. Probe that with a multimeter, it should be what you're after. Whilst you're there, check the one next to it as well "red with silver dash".

I think the yellow green will do the job though but please do check the one next to it also (for future reference).

15. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

awesome, cheers and thanks speedy:GoodJob::Hey:
    i'll do that hopefully after work today.

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

You're welcome buddy

17. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks alot mate, tried both wires, but they didnt work for remote turn on, ended up going the cigarette lighter route:Frown:

18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Ah shame, I was sure it would have been one of those two :Sobbing:

19. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

its alright bud.:GiveRose:
    Anyways, something really shocking happened last night, drove home from work and the handbrake felt a bit loose to me when i drove from work, i thought will tighten it over the weekend. But when i reached home, parked my car and got out, a strong smell of burnt rubber nearly blocked my nose and i quickly checked the drivers side rear wheel, all fine but when i went to passenger side rear wheel and to my shock i saw white smoke coming out from the disc :Aghast:.
    So there i was in complete shock of a few mins, then rushed inside, jacked the car up and found out that the handbrake release assembly was jammed (don't know the correct word for that thing). So i loosened the nut holding this assembly and tried to move the lever to release the handbrake with hand, but didnt move, next i tried moving it with wheel spanner and it moved so i sprayed wd40 behind that calipper tried the handbrake a few time and it seemed to just work, but if i leave it for a few hours, it doesnt release the handbrake that well. A few mins of my investigation leads me to think its probably the release spring that has been weakened, but i might be wrong, what do u or other experts suggest?:Frown:
    really worried as i use handbrake alot while parking overnight or at work.

20. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

or could u point me to the right diy for servicing the handbrake release caliper and possibly the cables