Aftermarket Kit Fitting reversing sensors

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Paulcornwall, Saturday 10th Jan, 2015.

1. Paulcornwall Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Penzance
    Hi Guys, So far I'm pleased with my 2005 FR-V however its a shame it didnt come with reversing sensors. I've fitted aftermarket sensors on previous cars with some having the holes marked out on the inner skin of the bumper. Does the FR-V have this? or is it a matter of measuring the distance between the holes for the sensors? don't suppose anyone could point me in the direction of a DIY guide? or just any tips?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I fitted some Cobra R0394 sensors to my accord - really easy to fit, they are those completely flush parking sensors that you see on Mercs, Audis etc (in fact, they are all Cobra sensors anyway).

Not sure about the FR-V, but on the Accord, I had to measure them out myself, easy enough to do and they work well. They are more expensive but Cobra make good stuff.

Paulcornwall likes this.
  4. Paulcornwall Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Penzance
    Thanks guys.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cobra are approved by Honda, The Jazz has them as optional extra's.

Nighthawk likes this.
  6. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hi, I fitted the Dolphin Micro sensors as they are small and sit quite flush Dolphin Audio Micro Parking Systems

There is plenty of room behind the single skin bumper, but there is the crash bar to consider when choosing location. I fitted the parallel and used the bar to cable tie the cables to it making preventing them from hanging down.