Bulletins & Advisories Fix for Alarm Siren Sounding Continously

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 15th Nov, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This affects all 7th Generation saloon and Tourer when the battery (The battery in the engine bay not your key fob) isn't holding a good charge. When the vehicle is unlocked with the key fob the siren sounds continuously and cannot be stopped.

This is normal when the battery has low voltage or is dead, when you unlock the car with your fob , it sends the signal to the MICU(Multiplex Integrated Control System ) to unarm the car,but when it senses low voltage from the battery it goes into a loop.Due to this low battery voltage the MICU is unable to communicate with the Alarm Control Siren(ACS) to signal it to disarm it.

Because the MICU and ACS now have different armed/unarmed status the siren will sound using its backup battery and will continue so long as the MICU and ACS remain in different armed status.

The Fix

You need to charge that battery up to full charge. Then lock the vehicle with the key fob.Wait, approximately 15 seconds, for communication to be established between the MICU and ACS. The indicators will flash rapidly to indicate when you see this both MICU and ACS are in sync

Unlock the vehicle with the fob the problem is solved.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For all those coming for their holidays in the sun this may happen when you get back. Just bumping this thread as this happens a lot this time of the year and just as Winter kicks in.

3. jjazzza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

this has just happend to me i have a 56 2.4 charge the battery close car with the key (not fob) then cpl days later when i use the key to open the door alarm goes off and the car battery is flat this has happend a few times ,do you think that i need a new battery ??

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to say when i charge the battery and don't lock the car and don't use is the car the battery is dead after 2 days ??

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Looks like your battery is not holding charge change before winter sets in.

5. jjazzza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

just as i thought get new one at weekend cheers for your advice

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I completely missed this thread 1st time round.

Very useful information especially this time of year as it gets colder.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup agree with you Matt winter is coming and batteries will die unexpectedly and without any warning. members should get their batteries check and any signs of weakness fully charge them and do another test in a a few days to see if the cells are weak.

Honda Accord owners should not be calling out for recovery man to give them a boost..:Wink:

8. Chrispy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Nottinghamshire
    I had this last night, it was so annoying, I unlocked the car and the alarm just came on, at first I actually thought it was my neighbours until I got in a drove around only to discover the sound never disappeared!, so back on the drive I checked all doors for trapped seatbelts and what not and checked the boot and bonnet catches, which seemed fine, still with the issue persisting I disconnected the battery, and listened for the backup battery which was fine as it continued to whine albeit a little quieter than before. Connected the battery back up and hey presto, all is well.

I must admin though given the current weather I've had the blowers on full wack every morning; lights, radio, heated seats, heated mirrors and rear window, wipers often because of the salt spray. Probably is killing it a bit....

I had this issue after the car had finished a rather long 30-40 minutes journey so I was a little surprised, however after resetting the ECU, all seems well, and the alarm issue went away, perhaps I will try and consume less electricity! :Tongue:

I'll check my battery tonight with a multi-meter just to be on the safe side, I have a feeling this bad weather might be a result of all of my pain recently! :Smile:

Fingers crossed at least anyways! :Smile:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cold weather is a killer for batteries, TBH multimeter reading is a waste of time even a weak battery will get get the correct volts after a quick recharge. You really want to invest in a "Cellmeter Battery Capacity Checker" that will tell you what condition the cells are and that what is curial. Yes volts are critical to start the car but that can fool you in a false sense of security the car is starting so its good.

Get one of these HobbyKing™ Cellmeter-7 Universal Digital Battery Checker/Balancer goodbye multimeter.

10. Chrispy Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Chris Nottinghamshire
    I knew my Schumacher Mission 1 that used 2c Lipo's would require a very expensive charger, but I never knew my measly battery tester would come in handy for purposes such as these! :Wink:

Good thinking batman!
    - - - Updated - - -
    On another note my battery came from HH around May time, I think I've got a years warranty on it! :Tongue:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah you do have warranty if it was bought in May,test the cells and see if is defective. I doubt the batery has failed that's too early for a battery to fail, but you do have a defect ratio in batteries to one in a hundred.

12. Old Cruiser Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete slough
    This is crazy! so the power sounder will be sounding continuously until the battery is fully charged or replaced, is there not a fuse that can be pulled , could be sounding for hours , go down like a lead balloon with the neighbours if it happens!LOL

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Pulling a fuse is what a robber would do if the system was made that way. So it good it can't be circumvented you would not be saying that if your pride and joy was nicked for a simple fuse LOL