Engine & Gearbox Flashing Glow Plug Lamp

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by nauest, Friday 16th Sep, 2016.

1. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Hi Everyone,

I have got a flashing glow plug lamp on my Tourer, I am currently messing around trying to get the Air Con to work (Will make another thread for that) and has come on since I started doing diagnostics.

What does the flashing mean, does it just mean there is a DTC stored? Is there a way to reset it and see if it reoccurs?

Usually I would use my OBD II Reader but unfortunately I haven't got it with me!

Cheers

2. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Managed to borrow an OBD reader. Turns out it was a saved DTC caused by turning on ignition with the A/C Relay removed.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    What was the stored DTC out of curiosity ?

4. nauest Premium Member Club Supporter

Netherlands Ned Texel
    Don't know of the top of my head. But it had a pre downloaded description in the Torque App which said A/C Fan Relay Fault. Once cleared it didn't return. Sorry!

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    No worries.

6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    A flashing glow plug light on the I-CTDI when the engine is already running is usually because of intermittently low fuel rail pressure... Associated DTCs are P1065 and P0087, but are not raised until the problem becomes significant. Normally this is a fuel filter problem.