Body, Paint & Styling flatblade wipers

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by welsh_decs, Saturday 12th Jan, 2013.

1. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

has anyone fitted any flatblade windscreen wipers I can't find any for the 7th Generation similar to the ones below
    I feel they give better clearing on windscreen and have a better look to them
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yes I have them fitted on my 7th Generation. The drivers side one pushes down too much in the middle and creates a scraping sound. The arm needs adjusting I think. Other than that they look good and clear the screen really well.
  3. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Don't suppose you know which ones and which make u bought
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Hmm no sorry I picked them up at a local auto store fair few months ago.

You should just need to match up the blade sizes with ones you have at the moment though.
  5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Have you tried OEM Honda wiper blades?
  6. Elkingyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The ones I have are Bosch Aero Flat. They clear the screen really well and can can be had for under 20bucks a pair if you look in the right place :cool: They're really quiet too which is bonus...
    GSD2013 likes this.
  7. Chan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have just ordered these! Hope they are better than my current wipers!
  8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    You can get them from HH they offered them as a replacements when I ordered my new wipes a month or so ago but nothing wrong with the norm blades so stuck with them..
  9. Elkingyboy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice one, let us know how you get on with with them. Top tip, give the screen a really good clean before fitting them as to not contaminate your lonely new blades on the first wipe :Wink:
  10. richie New Member Getting Started

This might help. I've used the Goodyear aeroblades that you can get in Costco for a song or on ebay for not much more. They seem to do the job well; however, they squeak after 10k miles so I'm going to give the Bosch Aeros a go although the Bosch aeros in Halfords did not have the hook adaptor.
  11. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a look in halfrauds aswell and they didnt have the hook adaptor but I have now ordered a set off ebay and they do have the hook adaptor I just searched honda accord flat wiper and loads came up there were alot available.
    There were some on but it now for £5.95 but I don't know what the quality is like I just stick with what I know and got the Bosch aero.
  12. Dave400 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The OEM Honda ones are 22 quid from Lings Honda and are spot on and look better than the universal fit Bosch ones..
  13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Should be much cheaper than that from Holdcroft Honda, with free delivery too.
  14. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

are they flat balde aswell dave?
  15. Dave400 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Maybe so, but Lings do have the online ordering system and are a short 5 min drive from me...

yes they're the proper Honda flatblade wipers fitted as standard to the facelift 7th Generation
  16. welsh_decs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

oh might have to try them next time

oh might have to try them next time
  17. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

It still beats me why so many of you buy aftermarket wipers. My father in law buys his from Holdcraft Honda and their price is cheaper than halfords and eurocar poo parts. Bonus its free shipping next day delivery.

Why buy aftermarket when the genuine one are better and cheaper my eyes. I too have started the lazy option of calling Holdcraft and ordering over the phone and wait for parts to land.

its simple as having a P in the morning.
    SpeedyGee likes this.
  18. 098Joe Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Welsh

I got mine from Honda dealer, they are standard part on facelift model not sure about pre facelift though, also only about twenty quid

19. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Yes they are standard in the facelift. Pre facelift had normal blades. Although you can install the facelift flat blades to a preface list model.
  20. Baz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My car has the flat blade wipers already, but the driver's one is starting to smear a bit....Went to Halfords, and the Bosch items they list for the car are the more conventional "Blade assemblies", you know, the blade being clamped to a metal frame?....I'd like to retain the current setup if possible, and it seems from what's been written previously in this thread that the honda OEM items are available as flat blade? Can anyone using them tell me how they perform? Were they pricey?

I'd like to use Bosch ideally, but have no idea which ones to buy (Perhaps I'll check the Bosch website....See if that sheds any light on the matter)....Ebay has, in my experience, been a very "Hit and Miss" source of wiper blades in the past, so I'm reluctant to just order some random blades from there.

Which would be best, do we reckon? OEM, or Bosch?....Assuming I can find out which Bosch items to buy! :Unknown:
    Last edited: Monday 29th Apr, 2013