Body, Paint & Styling Floor mats

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by NottsBiker, Saturday 4th Jun, 2016.

1. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Hi All

My drivers side mat is badly worn and causing damage to the main carpet below.

HH are selling a mat set on ebay for approximately £60 which seems a good deal. What I'm toying with however is getting a set made in red but have no experience of carpet manufacturers so no idea which companies to check out.

Can anyone recommend a company to me?

Many thanks

Ben :Smile:

2. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I have the same issue... 3 mats in excellent condition and a drivers one with a hole in it... I'd love to replace just the drivers so let me know if you find somewhere.

I do know that my local Carpetright store has a place where they can have carpet remnants turned into rugs.. I was going to get one done for my office... but used it instead to save money when I had the same carpet on the stairs and landing.

3. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Yes I'd love to copy my home flooring in the car but I think ceramic tiles would be a bit slippery :Wink:

Can't believe how quiet this forum has become - thought loads of folk would have bought kit like this but genuinely surprised at the lack of input to this and other posts :Frown:

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Yeah I have noticed that too.
    I think @exec knows a company who make custom tailored mats in many colours so maybe he can give you the link.

exec likes this.
  5. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Thanks for the heads up mate

6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I can't remember the name of the one I used, tghey used to be on ebay and it was custom, so you choose the material type thickness, colour of mats, edging details and colour and also can have embroidery done on it.

Might have been this place: Honda Accord Mats 1998-2002

They are all relatively the same though so go with whoever is the cheapest.

7. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Thanks

Trouble I've found with the cheap ones is that they can be very thin.

Seen a company online who will do a premium set in red with red edging and custom logo for £60. Thinking Type-S on two fronts.

exec likes this.
  8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    They have options for thickness, the deluxe ones are like proper cushiony comfy carpets, the cheapest option is lightweight.