Engine & Gearbox fluid change

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Primarycare, Wednesday 23rd Jan, 2013.

1. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    anyone know what i can expect to pay at Honda for a fluid change on brakes clutch and power steering Full change not your - top it will be ok,,,, which they missed at last service anyway

Last edited: Wednesday 23rd Jan, 2013
  2. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    No more than £160 including fluids??
    Not sure as thats a rough estimate based on the prices for other jobs http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/partsandservicing/fixedpricerepairs/
    and maybe a friendly local main dealer would like the business in these lean times.

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You could be right but doubt it with our local dealers they are quite greedy..

Thanks for the reply bud..

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wish you were closer mate I would have done it for you for nothing Just being the consumables

5. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks bud very kind of you to offer..

I may just buy the fluid in from HH and give it a go myself. Brakes are easy enough not looked at the power steering or clutch yet but how hard can it be. Failing that will just have to book the old girl in..

Cheers :Smile:

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Primarycare,
    'Easy enough' is very relative. I don't know your background of course, so don't feel insulted.
    Pay attention to brakes: mistakes can be paid cash (air in circuit!!).
    For clutch: you might need help of a friend to keep the clutch disengaged or a special tool.

7. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I have just had my brake and clutch fluid changed on my CR-V , total cost £90 from my local dealer . Mind you the brake fluid should have been done as part of the 36k/3 year service. I challenged this and got the whole job for £45
    Regards
    Mike c

8. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi guys.. I fairly good with the spaners so will do the brakes done other cars many times Honda can't be any different.
    Powered steering again fine on other cars but may let Honda do this and the clutch which worries me more.. Would hate myself for messing that little can of worms up ...