General Flywheel Bearing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Monday 3rd Feb, 2014.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    How long should a flywheel bearing last in a car?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They are really small and tend to last for a long time bud.. you are not talking about the release bearing are you.?

When I used to work on Suzuki's these flywheel bearing wore out after 80K miles for some reason but that back in the early 90's.

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Definitely flywheel bearing, brand new BMW 3 series at work with knackered bearing after six months. BMW couldn't figure out what was wrong with the car for three years and finally figured it out just recently.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ahh well a Bavarian tractor could have happened to nicer car.. zee gerzman engineering :Rolf:

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    lol and a double whammy - not only does it fail within months but they couldn't even diagnose it for years! Shameful.

The other BMW is booked in because the entire windscreen washer system is knackered after using a non-BMW screen wash. Apparently the whole side needs to be stripped down to access all the bits. How ridiculous. Funny how these sort of things never make it in to the mainstream car reviews.

6. TonyK7ng Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Take it the BMW is a diesel? :Wink:

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Aye sure is!

8. TonyK7ng Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had around 20 odd 3 series and around 7 5 series with the same fault, contacted BMW about the issue and said there has to be a fault with them. they politely told me to jog on and theres not issue with faulty flywheels or bearings.... but there clearly is!
    many of my customers have tried to get their cars repaired by BMW under warranty and they have declined to do so. So I've had to repair it for them with many of the customers opting for single mass flywheel with no complaints :Wink: