Electrical & Lights Fog Light Criticism

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by GMG, Thursday 18th Dec, 2014.

1. GMG Banned ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Giles Devon
    Hiya,

I am on my 3rd Accord Tourer, a 2.4 Manual, the other 2 were Tractors...& also owned an Accord Type-R

I am a tolerant man but if I read one more guide/post that informs the reader that they must remove the front bumper to change a fog light bulb I am going to sell my Honda and buy a Ford !

So...either side of the fog light is a small cut out in the bumper (20 mm ish) poke a long extension bar through it with a 10mm socket on the end until you locate the nut headed screw...undo it ,lose it in the lower bumper, find it again and then pull out the foglight ! To refit Cellotape the screw to the socket,spend 10 mins pissing about trying to locate the hole,tighten up and Bobs your Uncle...

Helpful or what ?

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Must admit, I have never had to remove the bumper to replace my fog light bulbs - just dropped the lower splash tray, snaked my arm through, undid them by hand - 5 minutes a side.

Incidentally, @GMG, welcome to HK, please pop along to our introduce section, say hello, and pop your car into the club garage so we can hear all about her. You can also put your previous cars in there and they will all show in your signature.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't think I've seen any guides stating you need to drop the bumper to change the Fog light bulb but a point well highlighted non the less.

4. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Anyone have a suggestion to which fog lights to go for as would like HID or LED ones to match my dipped beam and side lights.
    Easy enough to do as like @GMC has mentioned have seen guides saying need to remove bumper?
    Screenshot_2014-12-11-19-16-19.
    These any good???

5. Nighthawk Guest

You don't need to remove the bumper - I have LED fog lights on my car, but I am thinking about installing these

They will be very close in colour temp to my side and headlights so they will all match. The ones you have linked to will look dull in comparison to the temp of your current headlights.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  6. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Thanks Nighthawk

7. Nighthawk Guest

A quick search on ebay for H11 6000k HID fog lights brings up quite a variety. I have the 6000k lights on my car so I will be looking at fitting the same temp fog lights - I have the LED ones at the moment but you can see the difference although admittedly, I only use my fog lights when it is actually foggy.

You do not have to remove the bumper, its a bit fiddly but certainly doable. I removed my entire fog light assembly when it got cracked by a stone without removing the bumper.

8. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Sounds good, will have to give it a try. Let me know of any good 6k bulbs you find mate as that is what I'm after :Smile:

9. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

DSC_0061.JPG

HID foglights have arrived @Nighthawk. Went for the 6000K version of one's you showed me. Is there going to be room for the ballast? Will have to follow one of you guys guides of how to put them in without taking the bumper off. DSC_0060.JPG

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I have my ballasts wedged under the headlight housing, that way they get a bit of air to cool as you're going along, quite well shielded against the wet, and they're between some thermoset plastic from the housing itself (won't melt) and metal chassis.

I never got around to doing a full DIY guide when I installed mine, if you want a hand installing, I don't mind helping so I can document it for others :Smile:

Nighthawk and K24 CL9 GUY like this.
  11. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Sounds good to me mate :-D

12. Nighthawk Guest

Likewise mate - if Leo can't help you out, I have a friend I have been meaning to visit in Gloucester for a while now so it would be a good excuse for me to see them and help you out as well if Leo can't make it for any reason.

I will be getting some new lights myself in the new year after payday

13. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Mint cheers buddy would be appreciated as I will probably balls it up :Tongue:

14. Nighthawk Guest

You got a link to those lights you bought?

15. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

Yeah man two secs
    - - - Updated - - -
    Screenshot_2014-12-28-21-46-00.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Screenshot_2014-12-28-21-46-00. Couldn't copy link for some reason but just write the first part on ebay and comes up.
    Made an offer and got mine for £25 :-D
    - - - Updated - - -
    Item number 350941883838
    - - - Updated - - -
    Item number 350941883838
    - - - Updated - - -
    Fair play I hate this phone and can't wait for my upgrade.... Go to put it on and says must be less than 35 characters then try again and puts it up twice :-/