Electrical & Lights fog light issue

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Quirkey, Friday 10th Feb, 2012.

1. Quirkey New Member Getting Started

Hey all, I'm new to this but I was wondering if anybody could help me, I have a 2004 2.2 diesel accord with one issue... when I turn on the fog lights the only way I can turn them off is by pulling the fuse out, the fogs turn off at the stalk and lights go out at the dash but the front fogs stay on... any advice would be much appreciated, somebody mentioned a relay so I'll try that tomorrow thanks, all other suggestions welcome, cheers

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A faulty relay ? what has changed on your car since this has happened?

3. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    welcome to the forum. looks like the fog lamp relay behind the front bumper may be sticking on. beware though that in rare cases it can be a fault in the underbonnet fuse box itself. the relay is the cheepest option and the first thing i would replace. i suggest you have the feeds and earths checked into the relay to confirm the fault is with the relay itself or a wiring/fuse box issue.

4. Quirkey New Member Getting Started

Thanks Beefy, I'll investigate that further, hopefully its the cheaper relay option... Ichiban, noting has changed with the car since this happened, i just leave out the fog light fuse at the moment until I sort the problem. I'm unsure but sometimes it seems like the head lights on low beam might get a little dimmer and back brighter again, if this is happening it is only slightly if at all... cheers for the help lads

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sounds like a relay issue for sure on paper, please do get it checked out and let us know of the outcome.