Off-Topic Fog Lights

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Friday 30th Jan, 2015.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I noticed a VW Tiguan thingy coming round a junction today and then indicating to turn the other way and its fog lights were in sync with the indicators and on the relevant side. Never seen this before, deliberate or fault?

2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm sure @FirstHonda will be able to answer this one :Laughing:

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    My VW caddy wipers always switch to intermittent when stationary.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I and @Nighthawk saw this little Fiesta the other day that had modded onto it some terrible looking DRLs onto the lower lip, they did the exact same thing. It was absolutely cringeworthy.

...but done right it can look really nice.

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Would this fog light thing even be legal? Just seems daft to me.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

My Tiguan didn't have DRLs, but I think (don't quote me, though) that where the indicator and DRL are built into the same unit - as they are on some VWs, Jaguars, and Audis amongst others - the DRL dims when the indicator is activated so it doesn't obscure the different light. I've seen all three of the mentioned marques do this.

If it was fog lights below the numberplate, with the indicator in the headlight assembly (i.e. not with LED DRLs in the headlight assembly) then it sounds like it could be an electrical fault. That WOULD be a surprise for a VW, n'est PAS :Grin:

7. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Electrical fault it must have been then me thinks!

Speaking of indicators, I wish hazard lights flashed at a different rate so you didn't waste time slowing down to let some T*** out who has put their hazards on in a legitimate parking space at side of the road.

AndyB1976 likes this.
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^I can't remember which make of car it was/is, but I'm sure I've seen some where the hazards do exactly this - with a more rapid flash that a normal indicator tick.

It's now going to drive me mad all day trying to work out where I've seen that :Laughing: